Well it seems that everybody wants to know what is inside the Bandai Museum so I decided to make a review of it.

This museum is located right outside the Matsudo Station on the Joban Line (via Nippori). The first time that I went here was in a Wednesday and unfortunately, it was closed. So on the next day, I decided to come back.

On the first floor, the place is just full of those UFO Catcher type games. Most games cost Y100 and some more than that. I did lose about Y2000 trying to win that Azusa Yamamoto DVD.....I came close but those asshole employees always opened the cases after I played and moved the DVD to its original position. Prizes range from keychains to Magiranger/Hibiki stuff to Star Wars Light Sabers and naked chick DVDs.

DSCF0101.jpg

On the second floor is an arcade. Typical arcade games such as DDR, Soccer (very popular now in Japan), and that Taiko game is available here for Y100 or more per game.

On the third floor is the Ultraman Pachinko parlor. Nothing significant to see but I did find the bathroom here (Thank goodness!). Let's all pee on the ground! :laugh:

On the fourth floor is where the fun starts. Located here is the Gift Shop and the entrance to the Character World Museum. On the gift shop, you would see a variety of products such as kid t-shirts, masks, Ultraman ****, Sentai/KR Toys, etc. I did buy three Magiphones here and a little Magiranger pencil case for my nephew. Word to the wise......I would rather buy Tokusatsu toys at the Nakamise Shopping District @ Asakusa due to the fact that you can bargain (plus its duty free!)

DSCF0106.jpg

MagiGreen and MagiPink doing their Michael Jackson deed

DSCF0124.jpg
Holy Grail of Toys

The cost to get in the Character World is Y300. With this entrance fee, you receive a one of a kind Ultraman Kaiju Gashapon. I haven't opened mine yet so I do not know what's inside. The first part of CW is Ultraman land. You will see the Original Ultraman beating the hell out of a Kaiju and even the different masks that were worn by the Ultramen.

DSCF0109.jpg

Hunting for Ultramen....banned in 1996

The second part of the CW is Anime and their toys. You will see different kinds of anime here (past and present) such as Mazinger, Daimos, Voltes V, Tetsuwan Atom, and DB/DBZ.

DSCF0108.jpg

Toei Manga Matsuri

17.jpg

LET'S VOLT INNNNNN!!!!

The third part of CW is my favorite part....Tokusatsu. No further explanation needed.

DSCF0107.jpg

"Umeks!"

DSCF0110.jpg

KAMEN RIDAHHH!

DSCF0111.jpg

Masky Drill used in the series

DSCF0112.jpg

Dekaranger toys and jackets

4.jpg

Sentai Hall of Fame

3.jpg

Jetman and Fiveman

18.jpg

Keith gladly donated all his sentai jackets to the museum. Note the Power Ranger Wild Force toys

19.jpg

KR 555 Gear

DSCF0119.jpg
**plays on the background** "Banbarabanbanban Banbarabanbanban"

11.jpg

SeeRaa Muun

Before you head out of the CW museum (where the Godzilla stuff and Ultraman train were located), you can either try any of the Toku jackets located on a rolling rack. I did try the AbaRed "Dinoguts" jacket, I was gonna sneak it out but I was too chicken to do so... :laugh: This guy also BEGGED me to take a picture of us together as well.

DSCF0121.jpg

A very good deal for $3. I encourage you to check it out when you are visiting Japan. Next time, I will add the Gundam Museum as well.

Last edited:
More pics....

DSCF0117.jpg
HIKARI SENTAI MASKMAN

DSCF0118.jpg
CHODENSHI BIOMAN

1.jpg

Ultraman Toys

2.jpg

Kamen Rider Toys

5.jpg

Machine Buffalo and Turboranger toys (Why does Pink Turbo have manly pecs?)

6.jpg

Galaxy Robo, Masking Brace, Turboranger and Great Five components

7.jpg

Jaguar Vulcan, Shuttlebase, and Biodragon

15.jpg

Old School Goranger commercial for the Goranger Hurricane and machines

8.jpg

Mazinger Z comin' at cha!

20.jpg

Current Magiranger toys

21.jpg

Bye kid!

I don't have low self esteem.
Man!! Awesome pics!! You sure must've had a great time there!!

Japan, the place where I'll be living in the future!! :D

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
I love the Volts On! and the Maskman and Bioman pics...A nod to what they showed when u were a kid... :198:

Misfits923 said:
I love the Volts On! and the Maskman and Bioman pics...A nod to what they showed when u were a kid... :198:

Hehe yeah! That's why I took their murals as an homage to them! :jam:

Gundam Museum

This on the way to Gundam Museum. And no, I did not ride the Ultraman train....the seats are way too small! Bwahah. I am really not sure how much the fare for the train ride was.

14.jpg

The Gundam Museum's price of admission was a little higher than the Character World of Bandai. As I recall correctly, the cost of admission was Y500 (roughly $5). Even though I am not a Gundam fan, I still checked it out (Why not? I'm on vacation!)

23.jpg

Some Gundam crap

Just like the Character World, you could also try out some Gundam outfits and take your picture as well here. And for extra admission, you could also ride the Gundam Lift.

24.jpg

On the way out

The best part of the Gundam Museum was the Gundam Cafe. Of course, after spending about two hours inside both CW and GM, you'll get hungry too! Different kinds of food can be ordered here (even alcoholic beverages). The atmosphere was great and the price was reasonable.

DSCF0122.jpg
GUNDAM CAFE Shot...very spiffy!

I eventually sat down and ordered some booze and Coke. The next picture was the food that I ordered, properly named the "Ace Pilot." This meal included Beef Stew, Sushi, Salmon Salad, and Chicken Cutlet. Very good! A+ in my book! All in all, my lunch cost me about $15. THANK GOODNESS WE DO NOT TIP IN JAPAN!

DSCF0123.jpg

When you get out of the Gundam Cafe, you will also see the Gundam Shop (G-Shop) and the Gashapon World. I bought a Gundam manga over there for Y450.