Music back in the day

I can't blame them for saying that because they're absolutely right. Music back in those days were epic and really great. These days aren't so bad but aren't so great as well. I prefer the classics.

I totally agree that music back in the day is so much better than the music now. I have always liked the classic music because it reminds me of old days, which I think that's the true music. The singers really sing from their heart rather than from the beat.

They just had Elvis and Michael Jackson??? lmao! Well in my opinion, our parents were right.. but that's my opinion of my own parents and their time. If your parents were talking about the 80s they were wrong lol. The 90s were great though and pretty much every year before the 80s.. but if you don't know music, you'll likely only see that as the years of Elvis lol ;) There's still some really great music out there.. there always will be... but I agree with the generations before me. I'm just proud to have the 90s :)

Do you ever get tired of hearing your parents and other ancient people tell you about how music was so much better back in their day? They claim they had the best music, and the best dance moves, and that all our music is noise! Sometimes i listen to the old stuff, but it can't compare with our modern greats. they just had Elvis and Michael Jackson! What's better in your opinion - old or new?
The old music is better for one main reason, It paved the way for the new. Modern music is not as original as it may seem. If you study music theory you will see that modern music uses most of the same principles as the old music. They may have more digital and other weird sounds now but the fundamentals are the same. I like some of the new music as well. I'm in my late 30's so I'm sort of in between the old and the new.

This topic was already discussed; just under a different title. Once again, it's all has to do with what the person is wanting to find in their musical taste. What people think of today's music is going to differ from another's thoughts on it. I like some of both because the old music is nostalgic, while the new music introduces a blend of old and new. Like someone said, it paved the way for this new gen to come in.

I think it's important to enjoy the new but appreciate the old. A lot of these musicians out today were influenced by musicians back then. A lot of these musicians sample music from back in the day almost shamelessly. There are some days where I listen to nothing but oldies. I think the really good oldies have a certain sense of timelessness to them that modern music doesn't have (they just haven't been around long enough).
Another thing is how fast people call music "timeless". People are calling songs that only been around for about two or three years "timeless" and it's laughable.

I believe each has it's place. By the way, I am creeping toward the "old side", so watch it! Just kidding. I am 40, so I can still listen to current music, but like to listen to the older stuff from the 1990's. I do see a lot of covers being done in the last few years. It seems people can't be as original as they once were.

I have more favourite "old" bands than "new" bands currently. I would've definitely said new music was better about 5 years ago, but now I completely disagree. Maybe that's just because I love Punk music especially the 1976-1979 era. Most of the bands I love which are current have been inspired one way or another by Punk anyway.

Edit- I didn't mean to actually put that Blondie reference in there... But it worked.
Brilliant. I saw Blondie just a few weeks ago here in UK....another come back.....absolutely spot on.....brilliant. Ok...and I know that One Direction have also covered this song....but lets not go there....hang on...its actually really good. oppps.