Music back in the day

Do you ever get tired of hearing your parents and other ancient people tell you about how music was so much better back in their day? They claim they had the best music, and the best dance moves, and that all our music is noise! Sometimes i listen to the old stuff, but it can't compare with our modern greats. they just had Elvis and Michael Jackson! What's better in your opinion - old or new?

I have more favourite "old" bands than "new" bands currently. I would've definitely said new music was better about 5 years ago, but now I completely disagree. Maybe that's just because I love Punk music especially the 1976-1979 era. Most of the bands I love which are current have been inspired one way or another by Punk anyway.

Edit- I didn't mean to actually put that Blondie reference in there... But it worked.

Well, I am one of those who would say that old songs are better. The 80s songs were really great but I have to admit that there are songs from that decade that aren't so good. In every generation there are good and bad songs. There are many new songs that I enjoy now though 10 years from now, when I look back I will still probably look back on the 80s more than any other decade.

My parents and all the other 'ancient' people have a valid point. I can't stand the music of our generation. It's like we've totally gone off a wild tangent and forgotten that there is a big difference between music and noise. We don't even have good lyrics and most of the popular songs and videos are scandalous. The few good musicians of our generation are swallowed up in a sea of madness.

You guys can't be serious! I find all that stuff a bit too old because music is evolving. The sound is totally different and even our dance moves have changed because we are not like them at all. It's just like how technology has changed, and technology itself has played a bit part in the music revolution.

I've don't hear that phrase very often, fortunately. My parents barely listens to any music in the first place, and all the music they listen to are from the early 2000's or late 90's when music was better than it is today. If they ever do say it though, I'd have to agree; most music produced today is not something I enjoy listening to.

I actually love 90's music. In my opinion the 90's was a great decade for music, specially if you're into dance music like me. I also like what they did back then with grunge and rock in general, the videos back then were so original! I really enjoyed sitting in front the TV to watch video after video with my friends! We often talked about how cool this or that video was, or we were like ''owww look at that!'' and so on.

Sadly I didn't get to fully experience this decade, since I was born in 1987. I did get to experience the late 90's music scene tho.

I still listen to 60s and 70s music. There has been good music in every decade, but those two are my favorites. There was so much talent around, and sadly many of them died young.

I grew up back in the fifties, so that music is the songs that touch my heart still. I do listen to other music, mostly country music, and I really do enjoy that as well, but I think for me, Elvos will always be The King.
They are still talking about the possibility that he is alive, and if anyone could pull that off, it would be Elvis. He had both the money and the connections to do it.
I know that he hated living in the spotlight all the time, and I think it would be awesome of he was able to skip out and enjoy a normal life somewhere
The singer that they think is Elvis does sound a lot like he did, and even looks how Elvis might look at age 75 .
Here is a north clip of Jon singing, so the ones who remember
Elvis can listen, and decide for yourself..... Does The King live on ?