Mr. Yellow

Twitter - @MisturYellow
Any idea why my avatar isn't showing up? I've tried several different pictures and a gif, none of them work.

FieryRed

Minato Ascending
Have you made sure they are the right size? Because once I edited my GIF file and added a border, but didn't realize that the border added 2 pixels to the dimension of the avatar and so my avatar did not show up. Also, are you uploading them to the forum or hosting them yourself?

FieryRed

Minato Ascending
Hmm, I'm not sure I can help you, then. Can you try other avatars as experiment, to see if it is just the one you tried to upload that has the problem, or does this forum disallow any avatar that you put in your profile?

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Yellow, post the image you want to use as an avatar here in the thread in a regular post. That way we'll be able to tell if it's an issue with the actual image or if we need to see if it's something else.

Mr. Yellow

Twitter - @MisturYellow
unled23az.png

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥

Simple. It's too big. The dimensions (height and width) of avatars here can be no more than 150x150. Been that way here for years. That image you wanted to use is 196×165.

When you go into your UserCP and click the "EDIT AVATAR" link, under the "Custom Avatar" section there's even a little note that says
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 150 pixels or 512.2 KB (whichever is smaller).

So just shrink the image to be smaller than 150x150, and you should be fine.

GekiDan

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
^But the system should have been automatically shrink it like what they did before?

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
^But the system should have been automatically shrink it like what they did before?
What something "should" do and what it "actually" does are two completely different things. Never give up control of something because of what something else "should" do. Know what it "actually" needs to be, and do it/fix it yourself. Control it yourself. That way, you know for sure that you did everything correct on your end.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
I've used that plenty of times before.

If you're referring to the resizing thing that the forum is supposed to do, that may be true, and it may have always worked for you in the past. However, can you (or we the staff) guarantee that it will ALWAYS work, 100% of the time? No, we cannot. To expect that is unrealistic. Just because it worked for you before does not mean that it will always work.

Best thing to do, as I've said, is take control of it yourself to guarantee that (at least on your end), everything is proper. Don't rely on what "should" or what "is supposed" to happen.

FieryRed

Minato Ascending
I've had an avatar that exceeded the 150x150 dimension, and the forum did not resize it for me so the GIF didn't work. Right now I just make sure it is properly adjusted before I upload the image to the forum. Works for me so far.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Can't say, to be honest. All that we know for sure is that the system saw the pic you posted and for some reason said "Nope, not gonna do it".

Just resize the pic to fit HJU's avatar settings of 150x150 or less and there should be reason for the system to reject it.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?