We're only a couple of weeks away from the new season. Time once again to read through the lists and pick waaay more shows than you can reasonably keep up with :sweat:

Anichart
Haruhi
Livechart

At a glance, it seems we have a lot of "franchise" shows this season - Garo, Gundams and a lot of second seasons. But there are some new entries too.

Wait, the new Fate is about UBW? And here I thought that the new anime will cover Heavens Feel. I think that will be the only one that I watch.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

There will a Fate series for UBW and a movie for HF.

The only things, which have my intrest are Log Horizon 2nd Series and this new Garo anime. But I guess I check out both Gundam Series and PP2, when they're fully out.

P.S. Personally more excited for Transformers Prime sequel.

That reminds me I must get around to watching the first Fate/Stay Night anime at some point. :hmm:

There are four 'must see' shows for me - Garo: The Carved Seal of Flames (I wasn't actually very impressed by the teaser but hey, it's Garo), Mushi-shi series 2 part 2, Psycho-Pass 2, and Gundam: G no Reconguista (dependant upon how stand-alone it is as I haven't seen beyond the original season of the franchise yet).

Hi☆sCoool! SeHa Girl is a series of shorts based upon anthropomorphised Sega consoles, so I might check that out just to see if it triggers any nostalgia from playing my Sega Mega Drive as a kid. :sweat:

Anything beyond that is very much dependant on how much free time I have but I have an initial long list of 'maybes' just based on the summaries on the charts. I'll probably watch their trailers closer to the time, maybe give some of them the 'three episodes trial', with an idea of picking up just one more.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
^Fate/ anime are trash, I'd recommend not suffering through them like I did.

As for this since I am not caught up with Garo beyond that one hour movie about horror flutes I will not be seeing that right away. The two gundam series I'll eventually watch although I am extremely iffy with G-Reco since Tomino has lost his touch after Victory. The only anime on there I'd watch right away is the new Gargantia OVAs. Cross Ange makes me uneasy.

Last edited:
The Fate/ anime have decent action. Fate/Zero is a depressing dreck.

I'm just waiting for Log Horizon 2 and the 2 Gundams. Not too excited about G-Reco either but at least it looks great.

EDIT: The hell, they made a Rage of Bahamut anime. Oh, and for a second there I thought there was a new Tenchi Muyo.

Lurker
rakuen tsuihou expelled from paradise
The Gundam shows
Cross Ange - maybe...not much interest for me this season... :(

Buddy complex ending witha 2 episode special kinda sucks too, just should have made a full season!!! I was spoiled with mecha animes these past 2 seasons :/

No real interest in the Garo ANime, as it apparently, just retells 1st season. Meh.
AT least Akame ga kill should continue. Other shows I'm watching now are all about to end...

Last edited:
Shyni
The Fate/ anime have decent action. Fate/Zero is a depressing dreck.

Eh, I though the major characters of Fate/Zero kinda deserved what happened to them anyway. Or at least that Waver was the most well-adjusted person, and the only one to make it out in good shape. And most of them needed to have something horrible happen to them since they don't show up in Stay Night.

Last edited:
I don't find the first Fate anime to be that bad, it's decent at best though. If you already watch or play Fate/Stay Night, you'll pretty much expect that the Zero casts will all die except for Kirei and Gilgamesh. Heck, you'll know that Tokiomi and Kariya are going to die just by reading their backstory. Waver not dying is actually a twist.

I'm also interested in that Sega anime though, I'm a sucker for idiotic comedy series. Now, I wonder if Tsuburaya going to follow the trend and make an anime of their Kaiju Moe Gijinka Project.

Eh, I though the major characters of Fate/Zero kinda deserved what happened to them anyway. Or at least that Waver was the most well-adjusted person, and the only one to make it out in good shape. And most of them needed to have something horrible happen to them since they don't show up in Stay Night.

Well, yeah, it's a given considering how Stay Night begins.

It's more that none of the major characters started out likeable or relatable. And when they actually get some semblance of humanity in them, they die.