With the exception of the last chapter and , what happens in between will clearly differ, as will minor alterations that have no bearing on the overarching primary plot aspects as we saw in part one, but at least there's that to hold onto for hope. At the very least, the developers have said repeatedly that the Remake series would follow the original plot of Final Fantasy VII.

The alternate reality issue appears to be a pretext to pack Zack stuff into FFVII in order to legitimize it. Perhaps it won't be that distressing or untidy after everything is said and done.

They combined Crisis Core with Episode 2, and called it "rebirth."

Last edited by a moderator:
They indicated that they have made certain structural changes that should allow them to generate them in a quicker length of time during their webcast for the Rebirth announcement.

I have the impression that they simply plucked another Yoshi P clone from the vats and had him rant at them for being a bunch of entitled dickheads who were basking in their success, much like what he essentially did to the Final Fantasy 14 crew. This is what I'm saying since it seems to be the case. The spirit was still there, even though he told them this information in a way that was far more polite than how I have written it.

I have more or less agreed to it, but I won't buy the remainder until the entire thing, including the downloadable stuff, is released and available for purchase in one package (DLC). I might as well take the Kingdom Hearts approach and see how much I can enjoy a single playthrough of the game.

If there is one thing to anticipate, it is the eventual release of a complete collection at a fair price; and if there is one thing to anticipate, it is the likelihood that I will be intrigued enough to purchase it even if it is a complete train wreck. As each section is revealed, I will probably keep up with it and spoil the majority of the plot for myself.

I am just going to trust the team and all the effort they will give just to entertain us. With all the delays I experience from the pandemic. I am more excited to see the finish product that get worried.

To the bitter old school fans, If you like your original version then play your original version and let us new younger fans who have longer lives than you boomers enjoy the game. Stop living in the past you old pieces of fossils.

I'm excited with anticipation and optimism! I can't wait to play Zack in the game once more. I genuinely hope they would fully elucidate everything for us. Also, check the story for any unclear passages or gaps. Hopefully, that won't be the case. To Square Enix Please Take your time constructing this game franchise and game series, Square-Enix and Nomura; I genuinely hope it lives up to and exceeds our hopes.

I seriously doubt they'll stop supporting the game before December 13th, and 2024 seems more likely. Getting Rebirth before its scheduled release date would be nothing short of a miracle if the quality is on par with Remake Integrade. Rebirth has a large amount of content to complete, thus I anticipate the main game to feature 20–25 chapters and two downloadable expansion packs with 2-4 more chapters each. We shouldn't expect any information on Part 3 to be made public until at least 2026. Although I'm still holding out hope that Final Fantasy VII will be released in December, I do think they could do a lot with Ever Crisis and create spin-offs centered on different supporting characters from the Final Fantasy VII universe in order to maintain interest in the series. I'm hoping that we'll be able to bring our equipment from the remake into Rebirth, even if it's extremely doubtful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already had a feeling this its not going to be a frame by frame remake.

In my opinion, the remake suffered greatly from the fact that I am an ardent supporter of the original. Ever Crisis has made me wish that Square would just make a proper game based on how the original Final Fantasy VI structure was, but with nice upgraded graphics and modern top-notch looking battle. I'm concerned that the mobile battle icons will make the combat too simple in comparison to the original Final Fantasy VI. The graphics mod for Final Fantasy VII on PC is definitely worth looking into.