Are You Easily Brainwashed By Television?

It is so strange that you should mention that you are working on biting your tongue at the moment, because it is something that I have recently come to the decision that I am going to begin to do. I had to reconcile it with not censoring myself, but rather preserving my energy and dolling out information to those that can receive it.

I am suck of constantly having to explain and justify things to people. It is pretty exhausting after a while, and there is so much to each thing in which there is to talk about.

Yeah, I'm actually sad I've come to this. My biting my tongue is a decision I made because of what talking about myself leads to. I don't make a habit of talking about myself (offline.. it's unavoidable in places like this lol), but when people ask about me, it always leads to things people aren't open to. Which is a LOT.. most people are not open minded, as much as they pride themselves on being just that. You can't ask about me without something perking your ears.. I don't live by the norms and everyone else does. So I've decided I'd rather, at least for now, take a break and not be so open. I won't be lying about myself, but I'll be omitting and avoiding as much as possible with new people until they get a better feel for me as a person. Hate it... really hate tunnel vision and boxes.

I don't know if I'm "brainwashed" but I will say that on several occasions I went a bought a Quarter Pounder for no other reason than because I saw a commercial for it <_<

I'm not easily brainwash from the mass media. I usually get most of my information from searching real news websites. I've actually learned more about what is going on in the world by watching Jon Stewart then CNN.

Yeah, I'm actually sad I've come to this. My biting my tongue is a decision I made because of what talking about myself leads to. I don't make a habit of talking about myself (offline.. it's unavoidable in places like this lol), but when people ask about me, it always leads to things people aren't open to. Which is a LOT.. most people are not open minded, as much as they pride themselves on being just that. You can't ask about me without something perking your ears.. I don't live by the norms and everyone else does. So I've decided I'd rather, at least for now, take a break and not be so open. I won't be lying about myself, but I'll be omitting and avoiding as much as possible with new people until they get a better feel for me as a person. Hate it... really hate tunnel vision and boxes.

Exactly. It mostly leads to things that people are just not at all open to, and you simply cannot explain some things to certain people, simply because it would be a waste of time and it would be detrimental. This is so strange; I wonder if we decided to bite our tongues on the same day. I have been running into a LOT of 'coincidences' over the past week or so. This is just another one. I totally get what you are saying; I won't be lying either, but I'll keep it simple and not go so deep. If people do not get a better feel, it is easy for them to discredit you as just another conspiracy theorist or quack who believes everything that they hear.

............ sorry, I don't know how it happened but I somehow replied to this with a response to something else LOL... ???

Exactly. It mostly leads to things that people are just not at all open to, and you simply cannot explain some things to certain people, simply because it would be a waste of time and it would be detrimental. This is so strange; I wonder if we decided to bite our tongues on the same day. I have been running into a LOT of 'coincidences' over the past week or so. This is just another one. I totally get what you are saying; I won't be lying either, but I'll keep it simple and not go so deep. If people do not get a better feel, it is easy for them to discredit you as just another conspiracy theorist or quack who believes everything that they hear.

Yep! I'm sure you've noticed I have a thing or two to say about food and the fitness industry lol. I don't bring it up willy nilly wherever I go (I sound obsessed online don't I?) but even something as simple as that gets you the look too. People are so in the dark and happy to be, that YOU're the nut for thinking differently than the ancients who came up with the comfort knowledge that has been fed to the public for so long lol. So if someone said to me.. oooh I can't lose this weight whine whine whine, I tried _____ and it's useless. I'd just chime in with why it was useless and a tidbit of truth and suddenly I have two heads. You'd think it would be welcome when they were just so frustrated with their current knowledge. You absolutely are NOT allowed to think differently than our great grandparents LOL. Add science to the mix and you're even crazier. Anyway, that's just one tiny, simple example.. I also homeschool, I believe we're all an awesome accident and I'm pro introvert among so many deeper things I won't even get into here (we've slightly touched on some things together before.. I'm sure you get the idea).. I can't think of one thing about me that others wouldn't look at me funny for if I sat down and went through the list lol. You'd think it would peak interest though, not close minds. Differences really are shunned aren't they?

But now that I've yapped on, I see I'm doing what they do in reverse lol. Live and let live.. if blind is your thing; as long as you're happy (and not any sort of authority lol).

Josie, you actually don't sound obsessed when you talk about those things online. I can't believe that something as simple as talking about the health and fitness industry will get you looks like that. The depths to which people are brainwashed are just absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, Science is definitely a cure as far as I relate to it with other people. But for myself, it is a blessing to know the world the way that we do through the language of science.

I commend you for homeschooling. You know what schools are don't you? Just another system designed to snuff out the light in children's eyes by telling them to think and act a certain way to fulfil the status quota, otherwise you will be punished negatively in some way. They teach you not to challenge authority, when the authority in the world needs nothing but to be challenged and overturned.

Differences are shunned terribly, but I couldn't be the same as everyone else, which is why I also don't like to be grouped in the 'spiritual' category. I am not spiritual. I am spirit, with my own perspectives.

Yeah, categories themselves bother me.. they're just more boxes. I'm lumped in with Atheists because I don't believe a god created us, but I don't think in the same black and white way when it comes to death and what comes next. I say we're just gone.. but that's come to be code for the million word essay that comes next LOL. I only have my theories though.. I still fear without proof.

As for school.. it's failing fast and the homeschooling community is actually growing faster now. It does not have the best interest of the children at heart, it's a little worker bee maker and the people at the top know nothing about education. Not to mention the poor teachers who's passion is guiding children to knowledge and they're forced to do it the wrong way. So many are resigning now, it's sad. It's a horrible place for a mind. And so many defend it with the successful (the numbers are less than the drop outs, fails and the just getting by), but imagine how successful even the best students would be if they hadn't been stuffed in the box. I could go on forever.. I think they're ruining our future.