I don't have low self esteem.
Me? I've just now decided I am a CASUAL Tokusatsu fan.

When it comes to DVDs, if there are cheaper alternatives to Toei's expensive DVDs, that are legit and not bootlegs, then I will buy them. Should a series be exclusively available on Toei's official DVD's then I'll make DAMN SURE that I want this series.

Being realistic, I don't believe that I'm going to collect and watch each and every series or movie.

I do download some shows, but these days I have way too many shows to watch, with the many Anime DVDs that have yet to be watched. Right now I'm only downloading Kamen Rider Fourze through Bit Torrent.

As for Toys and Merchandise, I very rarely buy them. I would only buy them for novelty reasons, plus I don't have a whole lot of space for them.

But what about YOU? Are you a Casual or Hardcore Toku fan?

most likely I am a casual one. I only watch KR from toku. like u said, to many to watch. I feel lazy to follow sentai though I wish I can. I wanna re-watch Shaider [childhood toku] though forget to search for it. In terms of buying toku stuff, I only have SHFiguarts Kabuto, HyperKabuto and COR Kabuto extender since I have limited budget. I wish I could have each KR from KR1 though.

The Great Me
I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore or casual fan. I'm somewhere in between. I mean I really love Tokusatsu but I won't be so crazed or anything. I don't wanna be the number-one Toku fan. I just wanna be a fan.

I feel like I'm kinda in the middle.

For Sentai, I do feel hardcore.

Kamen Rider, almost hardcore (particularly the Heisei Era).

V9R7F.png

You tell me. :p

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Depends on what you mean by "hardcore" and "casual," really. I don't consider myself a casual fan, but I'm nowhere near a hardcore one. I enjoy watching toku, and usually keep up with the current ones as well as work my way through a couple of older ones (i.e. ones that were on before I got into toku) at any particular time. For instance, right now I'm watching Fourze, Gokai and the new Garo, but am also watching Sazer X, Liveman and Dairanger when I have more free time.

I don't usually buy merch and will probably never buy dvds unless I find I absolutely love a show, since I rarely re-watch things.

Someday...once more
i say i'm in the middle. i don't believe you have to see every series and movie, i see the ones i want. i wish i could collect toys, but i need a credit card to order online, hey i'm only 19. but i am applying for a visa card soon and plan on getting a few toys, just for collectors sake. i do have dvd/blu rays though, kiva, ooo, mega monster battle among my favorites. despite all this, tokusatsu has and always will be the epidemy of cool.