If there's anything we see a lot here at HJU forums is that we complaining A LOT over some tokusatsu shows. I mean yeah there are some excusable things such as lazy writing, horrid character development, etc. :redface2:

But are we expecting too much over shows that are mainly aimed at children?

Some of us wants it to be always to be dark themed and some of us wants want's it to be fun and funny (but I'm betting most of us are into the dark themed area). And some of us wants it done the old school way.

Are these expectations is what keeping us from enjoying in watching newer gen tokus? We have to realize that kids today have different appeal today unlike back then when it was a bit simpler.

So what do you think?

NOTE: Please don't turn this into a hate thread! We already have enough of those going around inside other threads ok?

I would like to present both parts of the story then.

Umm, you see, from what ive gathered, its both parties at fault.
Both the series are getting bad and the expectations getting higher.

There is certainly a rift here.

Some kind of Beast mode
Well I witnessed this for the first time with go-onger.

and It's a Big thing with KR.

rtys: be more specific with the series?

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I find 'Dark and Gritty' to be overrated. I found Den-o and Go-onger to be refreshing and fun filled shows I enjoyed from begining to the end. That's what matters to me and that's all I ask from it.

I've said time and time again: people want 'dark' story to legitimize them watching kid shows. I fully accept that I'm watching a kid show. All I ask for is creativity, ingenuity and EFFORT. Like I read in an editorial about kids meal in restaurants: a kids meal is just a smaller meal, it does not mean it has to be lower in quality!

If they want to be silly and over the top I'm all from it...heck I LOVE it when they do that!

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
You can enjoy a dark storyline (Tamers is still my favorite Digimon ever) but you have to accept that not all seasons will be dark because kids don't always want dark.

My only problem even though I've enjoyed all rider shows so far is that they can't seem to do it with out over killl... its either too funny or too dark or or or or ....

There are afew shows that seem to do things just right but then at the very end screw stuff up I don't get it :S Its like they start it and write it all out but then can't fathom and ending

You can enjoy a dark storyline (Tamers is still my favorite Digimon ever) but you have to accept that not all seasons will be dark because kids don't always want dark.
That's a pretty good point. If all shows are dark and gloomy then all of the children may end up being emo :laugh:

But I like how some shows have a nice balance btwn having a dark and fun element. Good example would be Gekiranger. Jan's personality was obnoxious and fun while his past mysterious and dark.

555 was too much for me. No one was safe, and being a main character meant nothing.