MagiFanboy
This is hilarious considering what a certain producer recently said.

Which producer is this and what did they say?

On the main topic though, it's all very subjective; there are bits like Goseiger being excessive on merchandising and Ohranger being forcibly toned down in light of real world events that are objective, but whether or not a given series is good or not is largely up to the individual viewer. So no, don't listen to other people to decide whether a given series is good or not, watch them yourself and form your own conclusions.

Also, Magiranger is awesome. :p

Couldn't you just compare the heights of the rumoured credited non-suit actors? I mean, their heights are supposed to approximate the suit actor's right?

Mad Skillz
Which producer is this and what did they say?
One of the producers for the upcoming Superhero Taisen movie says that "Rider is science and Sentai as magic" as one of the reasons for why coordinating the idea was difficult.

二番目の翻訳者
Couldn't you just compare the heights of the rumoured credited non-suit actors? I mean, their heights are supposed to approximate the suit actor's right?

That's how I got the idea into my head in the first place, yeah. The rumored Blue is like 180cm (Fukuzawa's height) and the rumored Red is like 173cm (around Takeuchi's height)

The actors are still rumored, though, so it's not really hard proof. Could just be a like-minded Japanese fan's wishful thinking. :p

Banned
Why do people keep saying Alata was incompetent? I thought he was a great red. He learned stuff along the way, and become a great leader in the end.

MagiFanboy
Why do people keep saying Alata was incompetent? I thought he was a great red. He learned stuff along the way, and become a great leader in the end.

I agree; admittedly, he didn't make a very good first impression on me, but that wasn't about him being bad or incompetent, I just didn't think he had the presence being the Red demanded. Over time though, he grew and demonstrated that he's got a good, natural leadership style where he doesn't need to tell people what to do, he just gets them to do what needs to be done and in the right way. He's not the cool, tough badass, but he's not the screaming idiot either, he's something different and I for one would like to see another try at his style again, only with better writing and direction.

In the end, yes. It took a lot of effort out of me to even get to that part :D.

I wouldn't say he was incompetent, he was always the most insightful out of the team. My problem with him at the start was that he randomly goes zen, realizes something great, and then mostly just lets the team wing it anyway. It's probably because he was the youngest, but Kai didn't have that problem.

He did grow up through the series, though, and he's my favorite character in Goseiger.

Well, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but the internet does seem quite vocal about being negative towards the following (at least from what I've heard):

1. Battle Fever J
2. Goggle-V
3. Dynaman
4. Turboranger
5. Ohranger
6. Gingaman
7. GoGoFive
8. Go-onger
9. Goseiger

I hear a lot of negative comments towards Battle Fever, due to first glance at the suits. I personally think Battle Fever is one of the better installments of the 70s/early 80s, so I say this show is definitely underrated.

Goggle-V gets hit on due to the silly looking concepts. Which I can definitely understand. I mean, I see some things about Goggle-V that I think are fun to watch. I do think the show does get a bit more heat than it deserves, but some of it seems to be justified depending on who you ask.

Dynaman is often ignored due to it's bland concepts, which I can understand, but find it to be really unfortunate. IMO, Dynaman has a really fun-loving and kickass cast of heroes. So I'll definitely say that Dynaman is underrated.

Turboranger is often labeled as one of those "bland sentai that brings us nothing new," which I think is too bad. I think Turboranger did many many new things than it is given credit for, and actually manages to execute things very well. IMO, Turboranger is a very solid 50 eps that really needs more fans.

Well, I might not even need to mention Ohranger, Gingaman, or GoGoFive since these last two years, they've all been getting a steady fanbase. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what Ohranger's story is. I think some of the complaints are justified, but I don't think Ohranger is overall a horrible season. Not great, but not horrible. Gingaman sadly gets heat by fans due to a false rumor (which I think started from Rangerboard last I heard). So Gingaman definitely deserves more praise than it gets. GoGoFive has been called "boring" by many fans, which I really don't understand at all. Luckily, that seems to be turning around from what I've seen.

And I'm pretty sure people know the story for Go-onger and Goseiger. I admit, I'm not a fan of neither. And I only label a show as "underrated," only if they deserve more credit than they get, which is something that I don't feel either of the two have earned (no offense to anyone who loves them. I'm sure people have great reasons for loving the two shows).

negative reaction towards GoGoFive? that's just ridiculous. among the sibling teams, GoGoFive definitely handled the family theme best. regardless, I still enjoyed Fiveman and Magiranger. Fiveman is both fun and weird, but the story... I don't even know what was the series supposed to talking about. I like Harry Potter, so it was nice to see Sentai taking on the magic theme with Magiranger.

I like Goseiger, but I won't pretend that the series didn't have any flaws. I'll openly admit that I hated the Yuumajuu arc and still do even now. while Epic 25 was the point where most people just threw the series away with disgust, I actually liked that episode (so biased because it was a Mone focus ep) but it was also the episode that made me put the series on hold until a few weeks before Gokaiger's premiere.

I also didn't like the way they handled the Goseigers' personalities, it was so inconsistant. one moment they're like this and the next moment, they're like this. I also didn't like how they handled the angel theme. I personally loved the idea of making the heroes a group of guardian angels, but too bad it wasn't heavily emphasized on until the near end.

can't say anything about Turboranger and Ohranger. those two series never appealed to me. :p

Someday...once more
i think that there was nothing wrong with magiranger. i actually thought the show was really good, magic instead of technology or mythology was a nice change. now i can not say the same for goseiger. i like the theme song and the overall art direction of the show, good suits, monsters, mecha, etc, but the story and characters were bland or convoluted. i could not get past episode 5 or 6.