silver FOREVAAH
is the first time that i read someone saying that boukenger is one of the worst sentais o_O

Would like to change his avatar
I think Turboranger gets a bum rap. A lot of people will just see the fairy and write it off as stupid without giving it a chance. For those who have watched the show, the general consensus is that it starts off slow, but picks up halfway through when new villains join. :shrug: The show's definitely not on the same level as what the writer did in his Change through Live shows, but I don't think it's as weak or generic as Fiveman, though.

Last edited:
Kuuguitar
Goseiger gets a lot of flak (and at times not without reason), because:

1. Egregrious toy selling. Sure, Super Sentai is a 30-minute toy commercial, but literally introducing new mecha every episode within a certain stretch is quite blatant.
2. A mold-breaking character archetype. Yes, it's the first time Fukuzawa's not in the red spandex, and although this meant we got Takeuchi doing GoseiRed pretty well, fans just like the cool Red more.
3. 1298721063404.jpg
4. And then you have the Yumajuu arc.

Yes, it's the first time Fukuzawa's not in the red spandex, and although this meant we got Takeuchi doing GoseiRed pretty well, fans just like the cool Red more.

I think Takeuchi is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Fukuzawa. Takeuchi's one Red role blows away Fukuzawa's several, IMO.

Fukuzawa also was demoted to Green in Magiranger, when they decided to use Seiji Takaiwa as Magi Red.

Banned
The goal of the topic is not to rank the worst sentais, but to try to understand why some super sentais are often underrated.So this is why i created it in this section.

The "worst sentais" or so said, are often,according to fans:

_Turboranger
_Fiveman: a poor title, a poor song, a boring show.
_Ohranger: a show whose story was edited because of what happened in Tokyo this year, and that became annoying because of those changings.

_Magiranger: a Harry Potter Sentai, a bad sentai because the theme of magic doesnt fit with SS.
_Goseiger: a SS with an empty story.

While not everyone dislikes Magiranger, i have the feeling everybody agrees to say Fiveman and Goseiger were bad.

Do you think those show deserve these opinions?

What is "worst" is a matter of opinion. You should NEVER listen to a group of people that say they hate something. If I listened to people that "hate" something, I would have missed out on many great shows.

You should also never listen to this fandom. Most of the people in it just hate on things. Don't let them prevent you from watching any show. Just watch and judge for yourself. Don't be a sheep like a lot of guys around the toku fandom. Watch and judge for yourself.

Not "almost everyone." Again it's an opinion on Fiveman and Goseiger. I personally loved fiveman. I liked it more than Jetman.

In closing, judge for yourself. Who cares what others think or say about a show?

Also about magiranger: "Magic doesn't fit with Super sentai"... Wow... Magic was a key thing in Turboranger. SS doesn't have a set FIT thing. Each series brings something new. I mean that would be like saying go-on doesn't FIT with SS because it has other dimensions or some nonsense.
Magiranger and Goseiger are the only ones on that list that can be fairly judged. The others aren't even fully subbed. Besides the countries that got Sentai dubs how can you judge shows you've never seen? "The internet told me it sucked so it must be true!"

Also Fiveman having a bad theme song is a reason it sucks? I happen to find that song catchy, but that's just me.

I loved Goseiger so there goes that theory. Stop believing everything you read online dude. Just stop.

Umm.. No. Any of those shows can be fairly judged. What the heck does being subbed or not have anything to do with it. But again, that judgement is an opinion. You assume people ONLY watch shows that are subbed?

Kuuguitar
I think Takeuchi is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Fukuzawa. Takeuchi's one Red role blows away Fukuzawa's several, IMO.

Fukuzawa also was demoted to Green in Magiranger, when they decided to use Seiji Takaiwa as Magi Red.

That's pretty much my point. Takeuchi's the go-to guy for the shorter guy who nonetheless fights interestingly role, so we got ShinkenGreen (quick-thinking, unorthodox fighter), GoseiRed (atypical Red whose badass moments just get underscored more because of this), and now GokaiGreen (quick-thinking, unorthodox fighter again).

変わって欲しくないよ。
People talk **** about Boukenger? :sly: This is the first I'm hearing of it, I haven't seen it yet myself but the people I've talked to have pretty much enjoyed it.

One season that has a big hatedom from the fans that I really feel is somewhat undeserved is Go-Onger. It's silly and childish, which I can understand won't appeal to a lot of older fans. However, I felt overall it was a fun show. I enjoyed the cast, the engines, and the villains somewhat. The Gaiark weren't the best villains in the world, but I thought they had some interesting things about them like having a loyalty to their friendship instead to the Gaiark as a whole.

^ this!
I think a lot of the hate for it in other corners of the internet has seemed to die down now that Goseiger is the new Sentai punching bag. Yeah, it's probably not going to be for you if you're not into the goofball humor side of things, and that's fine. I personally enjoyed the **** out of it for precisely that reason, and while I don't wish for it to be repeated more often I still appreciate it for succeeding at what it was trying to do.

But you think that would mean people would have preferred Takeuchi to Fukuzawa's bland zombieness.

And I credit Takeuchi for Alata ending up the way he did. You look at the start of the show, and Alata's just awful. He's absent-minded, he's a goof. But Takeuchi took playing a Red seriously, so he always presented Gosei Red as formidable, and either Yuudai Chiba or the writers took notice, so Alata shifted and ended up being the most competent one on the team.

二番目の翻訳者
^ That would assume that the intent was to have Alata be written as incompetent through the show's full run, though. As unconventional as the character was, I don't think he was intended to be that unconventional. :sweat:

I think his rivalry with Dereptor in the first arc (through all the muddy characterization, anyway) was always intended to show him going from kind of an idealistic but harmless guy into someone who channeled his idealistic streak into a genuine drive to fight for his friends.

Anyway, Takeuchi for Red again in 2012? I'll print the t-shirts.

Mad Skillz
I really wanna say Takeuchi will be red if only because none of the flyers show RedBuster and BlueBuster standing next to each other. Blue's always crouching or behind Red and in my mind that's them trying to hide the fact that Red is short.

I'll take five of those shirts!