MegaAnon
Magiranger and Goseiger are the only ones on that list that can be fairly judged. The others aren't even fully subbed. Besides the countries that got Sentai dubs how can you judge shows you've never seen? "The internet told me it sucked so it must be true!"

Also Fiveman having a bad theme song is a reason it sucks? I happen to find that song catchy, but that's just me.

While not everyone dislikes Magiranger, i have the feeling everybody agrees to say Fiveman and Goseiger were bad.

I loved Goseiger so there goes that theory. Stop believing everything you read online dude. Just stop.

Mad Skillz
There are a decent amount of people that don't rely on subs for the shows they watch. And in general, people tend to relay the general opinion of certain shows from the Japanese side of the net.

Fiveman and Turboranger get a bad rep for being so forgettable, so much so that no one really talks about them all too often. These basically came in the final years of the first generation of staff on Sentai, so there was definitely some burn out going on as a new team of staffers were being allowed to sort of take the reigns. (personally I think Liveman was the start of the downwards trend) ...but I still like both shows quite a lot, Fiveman more so.

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
I'm surprised Boukenger isn't on this list. I remember Boukenger being considered the worst by fans until Goseiger.

Ole! Ole! Ole!
I've heard Turboranger is quite a kickass series. Has an awesome theme song as well :buttrock:

If I had to narrow it down to three series that the internet generally shits on...

1. Goseiger
2. Go-Onger
3. Boukenger

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Zyuranger, which seems to have fans split on as well. I think that series is a mixed bag, personally. I'm also surprised Gaoranger isn't mentioned, which I think is also a mixed bag.

I'm surprised Boukenger isn't on this list. I remember Boukenger being considered the worst by fans until Goseiger.

Boukenger seems to be love it or hate it. Fans either don't like Boukenger because it's "episodic" and boring, while others love it for the cast. But I think Go-Onger and Goseiger still have more fans split than any other series.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
I think Goseiger deserves the harsh criticism it receives.

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, BUT IT WASN'T THEIR FAULT, THE DIRECTOR WAS OVERWORKED AND BLAHDY BLAHDY BLAHDY-BLAH-BLAH

二番目の翻訳者
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, BUT IT WASN'T THEIR FAULT, THE DIRECTOR WAS OVERWORKED AND BLAHDY BLAHDY BLAHDY-BLAH-BLAH

It just really bugs you that people like Goseiger, doesn't it?

I liked him when he wasn't a god

Well ... no matter how many people whine about Goseiger in every thread and resurrect posts from months or even years ago just to bash the show, it'll still have fans. It'll even have *gasp* Japanese fans! :laugh:

Am I the only one that quite liked Fiveman? I seem to have a dislike for family Sentai and have never been able to finish it or GoGoV, but out of the three, Fiveman was the only one that doesn't make me want to headdesk myself into unconsciousness after a couple of episodes

二番目の翻訳者
I watched some Fiveman and neither liked nor disliked it. There were some neat aspects but nothing that really grabbed me in it.

And then sometimes you just get moments like this:

[hide]
old-skool-sentai-was-srs-bzns.jpg
[/hide]

... and I don't even know what to think anymore. (Note: this is part of a plan to trap a baby-snatching MotW. And it works.)

So does anyone want to argue for redeeming qualities in Goggle V?

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
Seems like it, and based on his history, just cherry picking things to argue against.

I guess maybe because Goseiger does get so much hate and you can usually name the defenders because they're so few it sort of seems like we pop up to defend it whenever it's talked about negatively.

So does anyone want to argue for redeeming qualities in Goggle V?
Junichi Haruta!