I just finished Final Fantasy VII integrate and I was shocked to see a certain character is alive. I have a nagging feeling that Final Fantasy VII episode 2 will have a departure from the original. It will not be the Final Fantasy VII we know. This could be an alternate reality that will have a different result from the original.

Zack being alive could lead to Aerith not dying and someone else dying. There are had been rumors that Tifa will die.

Zack being alive could lead to Aerith not dying and someone else dying. There are had been rumors that Tifa will die.
I will protest on Twitter if that happens. I do not want Tifa to die, Stick with the real story with Aerith dying instead because her death is crucial to the story.

They made changes so it will still be a new experience to the people who played the original before.

If a remake followed everything frame by frame, people will be bored. If a remake have way too much liberties, fans will hate it too. There is a perfect balance when it comes on making a remake. Square Enix is is doing a great job at this moment because people have nothing but positive opinions to remake and integrate.

It is better for the remake to have its own identity so people who wants to play both version will have two different experiences

As a true blue fan, I will be accepting whatever they give us. I am greatful to how much I enjoyed Episode 1 and Intergrade dlc.

They are already not following the original. The fact the game is now divided into multiple episodes will be longer means more big changes will come

I loved the changes they did so far. No Identity politics, just great storytelling and character development. I don't care about Jessie., Wedge and Biggs in the original but the remake made me cry about them.