I am not really sure what to make of that one, but I agree with the maybe it is a resolution thing or an eye thing. Kind of makes me want to see what it would be like though.

It is all about the resolution stuff and it is all about how we make of it as there are lots of other characters that are pretty short in this particular Final Fantasy game series. The developers were trying their best to fit in the characters the way they are ought to be.

Administrator
Staff member
It is not a resolution thing. The HD version of 9 still have midgets. Final Fantasy 9 characters are short in Dissidia. The characters in 9 are short even in cutscenes.

Look at Zidane next to Cloud and Bartz, Those guys are chibi on their games but not here.

20151120_015038_thumb.png

Last edited:
It is not a resolution thing. The HD version of 9 still have midgets. Final Fantasy 9 are short in Dissidia. The characters in 9 are short even if cutscenes.

Look at Zidane next to Cloud and Bartz, Those guys are chibi on their games but not here.

20151120_015038_thumb.png

The blame should go to the developers for making such a mistake, although I am not really worried about how they look since I am just there to play the game and enjoy myself.

Administrator
Staff member
Its not a Mistake it is intentional. They want the people of Final Fantasy 9 to be canonically short. Cute and short characters are popular in Japan. Final Fantasy creators cares more about Japan than international market.

Characters from the remakes of 3 and 4 are short in the game but they are canonically tall.

Character models of Final Fantasy 1 to 6 are Chibi and small because of the limited 16 bit technology then. But in artworks they are tall or average sized people. In Dissidia they are normal sized. Final Fantasy 7 characters are chibi in some segments but they are normal sized in cut scenes and also in game spin offs.

In Dissidia , Zidane is very short and petite. So does it mean FF9 characters are really short? Garnet is also small in Dissidia.
I've really never thought about it. Zidane does look short but most characters do too. I think their size is intentional and the developers needed the characters to be just the right size. For Zidane, his stature is pretty cute and suits his lifestyle. The ladies do love him you know. Being a thief and all, his height makes it easier for him to swipe things off people and make away swiftly.

I have never really thought about it like that. It never even bothers me. I think they look cute though.

The blame should go to the developers for making such a mistake, although I am not really worried about how they look since I am just there to play the game and enjoy myself.
It looks intentional. Some of the games in FF series were made with kids in mind. Not exactly kids but anyone above 10 year old. And so such chibi and small size characters are targeted for those gamers.

I actually did not notice the FF9 character's heights.