Lurker
remember it's been mentioned the X Years Later stories are just a possibility. There is two different stories that deals with the future that have been told, the Light One (one with King Sonic) a dark one (which deals with a younger Lara-su, and a evil knuckles)

Yeah, "a possibility", only in this day and age of unchanging status quoes people are actually ignoring that b.s and counting any story that advances the characters as legit futures. It's the same with Spider-Girl fans, that's a "possible future" for Spider-Man characters, but makes FAR MORE SENSE than the 616 canon

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
Really? I'd love to know where you get your information. But if that is true, then I think Sega has to have their legal reasons.

The author's own forums. :B
I have heard that Sega hasn't always been on good terms with everyone at Archie. I've heard crazy things about a certain Ken Penders.
I hear the rumors of Penders being disliked by SEGA are vastly exaggerated. Although, with that laughable lawsuit he's trying to roll up against Archie & SEGA now…

Either way, I'm just not an Archie Sonic supporter. Archie's version basically took SatAM and rolled with it, heavily. The game universe has NEVER reflected it and the stories were meant to be something TOTALLY different. To this day, I am still perplexed how chillidogs have suddenly become canon in the games. I'd rather have a comic that reflects the video game universe than the Archie universe any day. Although, to be fair, the art in the comics has gotten LEAGUES better than it has ever been.
What I like about Archie Sonic since Flynn took over writing is that it's been a good hybrid of Archie/SatAM lore, game elements and entirely original stuff. It's been more closely sticking to the games' source material while still being it's own thing and not a 1-to-1 rip-off. : D

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Seriously, Underground is the bottom of the rung as far as Sonic cartoon adaptions go

They'd have better luck just reviving The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog

Either way, I'm just not an Archie Sonic supporter. Archie's version basically took SatAM and rolled with it, heavily. The game universe has NEVER reflected it and the stories were meant to be something TOTALLY different. To this day, I am still perplexed how chillidogs have suddenly become canon in the games. I'd rather have a comic that reflects the video game universe than the Archie universe any day. Although, to be fair, the art in the comics has gotten LEAGUES better than it has ever been.

The game was done a little bit more faithfully in Sonic The Comic from Fleetway/Quality in Britain. From what I've heard, I follows the comics to a point where it gets a little stale

The game was done a little bit more faithfully in Sonic The Comic from Fleetway/Quality in Britain. From what I've heard, I follows the comics to a point where it gets a little stale

I read a few issues of it, and I kind of liked it, until I caught wind that they turned Super Sonic into some evil, demented character like a Jekyll & Hyde thing for Sonic. And from what I heard, the later issues eventually started getting more creative and adding their own material, which quickly turned me ff.

What's worse is, I can't even catch a break in Japan, Sonic's home country. There was a short manga series made for Sonic, but it was a bunch out of gags with huge, out-of-character moments. It was a joke manga that practically reduced Sonic to Newspaper Funnies.

No Fear, No Pain.
What's worse is, I can't even catch a break in Japan, Sonic's home country. There was a short manga series made for Sonic, but it was a bunch out of gags with huge, out-of-character moments. It was a joke manga that practically reduced Sonic to Newspaper Funnies.

You always have the old Sonic OVA to fall back on right? When I was younger it was the best thing I had ever seen done with Sonic. Ironically...it wasn't long after watching it that I lost interest in Sonic if I remember correctly. Might be wrong though. Then again after you've seen Sonic and Metal Sonic throw down like that, is there really any reason to keep going? :laugh:

Sonic Underground was fun, but the music bits were just too corny for me. The best thing about the series in my memory were the Knuckle episodes. The heroes were captured and about to be robotocized and Kuckles just gets pissed and wrecks everything. It was great...Probably why I love a good, furious character now. Hmmm, now that I think about it, Underground may have had a bigger impact on my life then i would like to admit...

As for Sega...the only thing they are doing that interests me right now is Anarchy Reigns. Sonic->Jack. My childhood to adulthood in action.

You always have the old Sonic OVA to fall back on right? When I was younger it was the best thing I had ever seen done with Sonic. Ironically...it wasn't long after watching it that I lost interest in Sonic if I remember correctly. Might be wrong though. Then again after you've seen Sonic and Metal Sonic throw down like that, is there really any reason to keep going?

Most people consider that absolute **** and I can't even begin to understand why

I loved all the voice actors, especially Sonic's

It didn't feel stupid, it felt fun and dark

The OVA was great! It reflects the height of Classic Sonic's fame and everything fans loved about him. It was as if someone took the animation team that made the anime cutscenes from Sonic CD and told them to make a Sonic movie.

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
The OVA was great! It reflects the height of Classic Sonic's fame and everything fans loved about him. It was as if someone took the animation team that made the anime cutscenes from Sonic CD and told them to make a Sonic movie.

Strangely enough, that's not the case, even though they are very similar in style. Studio Pierrot made the OVA whereas the anime scenes in Sonic CD where done by Toel animation. (not to be confused with Toei)