PARTY HARD
PayPal limited my account for some reason. It was only inactive for a month, but the month before was fine. Now they're asking me to provide information on my account, and I don't know what to do.

Back in Black
Is it by e-mail? It could be a scam. Contact PayPal. I have gone inactive for some months at a time, but I never re-validated my account information and it has been two years since I started to use it.

I haven't used paypal for almost 7 months now, logged in right now, and it's fine for me.

PARTY HARD
No, it was on my profile's Resolution Center. They asked for Picture ID, Proof of Address, and Proof of SSN. I'm not willing to give ANY of that information, since I already gave my SSN, Bank Account, address, etc. I got mad paranoid and immediately removed my Bank Account and closed my PayPal account. Now I'm paranoid about them contacting me via E-Mail or mailing me something because of this.

Edit:
Do you think it's because my account was on a full $0.00 during the month of inactivity?

No Fear, No Pain.
I have the exact same problem. Mine was due to some bullshit regarding Greendot. You see you can put as much money from your account onto paypal as you want, but put more then 200 USD a year on there useing greendot and POOF they have to make sure you exist. Paypal is the most secure for a reason; do anything at all to raise a flag, and I mean anything, and they are gonna want to know everything about you down to you height and weight. It is the price you pay for saftey my friend...and it sucks just as much as it is awsome. I would just start a new account and not worry too much. They shouldn't cause you any trouble.

Back in Black
No, it was on my profile's Resolution Center. They asked for Picture ID, Proof of Address, and Proof of SSN. I'm not willing to give ANY of that information, since I already gave my SSN, Bank Account, address, etc. I got mad paranoid and immediately removed my Bank Account and closed my PayPal account. Now I'm paranoid about them contacting me via E-Mail or mailing me something because of this.

Edit:
Do you think it's because my account was on a full $0.00 during the month of inactivity?

That looks like some kind of scam. As far as I know, PayPal does not ask for that. You should know that the information that was requested from you actually is everything someone needs for identity theft. People can steal identities from account numbers and social security numbers alone.

I don't keep money on my PayPal balance unless I just sold some items, so I have gone a longer time without a PayPal balance than you.

Contact them as soon as possible from another computer, such as one that could be provided by your local library.

n/s
I use PayPal even before I verified it for sending/requesting money limit removal. Back then, I was inactive and I was never asked by them for information. Yes, it's a scam if you asked me.

Lurker

Edit:

Give them your Proof of Address, and Proof of SSN, is just a security check, Paypal wants to make sure that's you and not some bot in a hacked account, I had that same problem before and in about to 2 days later it was unlimited again. if it make it feel better just call a paypal by phone.

So relax its not a scam,

Last edited:
Wait. PayPal needs your SSN? It's been awhile since I first signed up for it... don't tell me I gave them my SSN. :eyebrow:

They do that for a reason, to avoid people laundering money and other such scams.

As long you log directly into paypal to verify its a legit request, just give them the information they're asking for. It isn't unreasonable for them to verify you actually exist.