Anyone else would like to more toku from the 70's throughthe early 80's subbed?

Harumph.
If you're only doing it for you, why bother releasing them to the fans?

I can't really speak for Kaiju, but if I were to take a guess, it's because he and the other members of HnT would like to share something they love.

Heroes are forever
To answer that question: If you don't even care what the fans think of your sub in the first place, then releasing them to the fans or not makes no difference, besides, he may just be uploading it to the internet, who says it's for the fans? If a bunch of people have the same interest as him and appreciate the fansub, that's great, but not necessary.
My guess too... I can't speak for Kaiju either.

--------------------------------------------------
And well... I've said my opinion on this topic before, 70's shows should get more attention. If you are a person who just watches Toku for the flashy cgi and explosions found nowadays and when watching and older show, you hate it because of the different effects, you can just gtfo out of this fandom, because it's not for you.

And it's stupid to point out the amount of downloads an episode of an older series gets, because, well...
If someone doesn't bother subbing them, what makes you think most of the people will care for it? There are few of us who don't understand japanese and still don't bother watching them RAW, like me.
It's like wanting to get a driver's license and you're on the learning process, you need your parents to let you take a ride, but they never let you, how are you supposed to get a driver's license then?

二番目の翻訳者
Let's think about this in terms of Drake's Equation. How many people do you think can do a good Japanese-English translation? Then, what percent of that population do you think cares about the particular old-school show you want to see subbed? Then, what percent of that population has the free time and inclination to translate ~52 episodes of it for no pay and very little thanks?

If you really want to see your particular favorite show subtitled, you should find a qualified translator and give them a lot of money. That's pretty much the only way it's guaranteed to happen.

Heroes are forever
Sometimes the anime fandom feels overrated, any regular Joe can say they watch anime now. That's the problam with Toku fans, we're not that big to see everything and anything subbed, in anime even the most underground shows are subbed, even though only 50 people care about them.

Banned
There are few of us who don't understand japanese and still don't bother watching them RAW, like me.
It's like wanting to get a driver's license and you're on the learning process, you need your parents to let you take a ride, but they never let you, how are you supposed to get a driver's license then?

Umm what? :redface2: I'm sorry but that didn't make sense.

Banned
Sometimes the anime fandom feels overrated, any regular Joe can say they watch anime now. That's the problam with Toku fans, we're not that big to see everything and anything subbed, in anime even the most underground shows are subbed, even though only 50 people care about them.

It doesn't help when 3 groups, two of them the "big" ones, sub the same shows.

Nice post!!
If you really want to see your particular favorite show subtitled, you should find a qualified translator and give them a lot of money. That's pretty much the only way it's guaranteed to happen.

There's a lot of vintage mecha shows that were subbed purely because some fan with deep pockets decided to pay for a translation. I don't think toku is at the point where we have enough fans with deep pockets? But one day it will be, and that's when I think you'll see more complete subs of vintage series.

Heroes are forever
..why is it that everytime I use an example to explain myself, people lose their brains?
I was referring to the fact that if people don't seem to care about old shows, that' because no one has subbed them, they're not subbed so that's why they're not really noticed.

It doesn't help when 3 groups, two of them the "big" ones, sub the same shows.
Indeed.

Harumph.
..why is it that everytime I use an example to explain myself, people lose their brains?
I was referring to the fact that if people don't seem to care about old shows, that' because no one has subbed them, they're not subbed so that's why they're not really noticed.

No, we didn't lose them. We're using them to try and figure out what your parents taking you to the DMV has to do with fansubs.

Anyway, older shows have been getting subs recently. However they have encountered the SAME problems as unsubbed shows...lack of interest.

The new Tendou Souji
Harorangers subbed like 11 episodes of CarRanger and then stopped.

They've done more than that, they're on 13 right now.

It has been years since they subbed more Changeman, not to mention Zyuranger.
Dairanger is the only show that they are trying to finish at this point.

Can't speak for Changeman but if you check their forum they're waiting for DVD's before starting Zyuranger.