Any truly important Kamen Rider information I need to know?

Shu Watanabe's BFFL
I would suggest you spend time reading, at the very least, every wikipedia article on Kamen Rider and its movies, because you'll acquaint yourself not only with main riders, but secondary riders, evil riders, villains, important plot points, amd of course, movie riders like New Den-O (who you obviously haven't seen before, so watch Den-O Final Countdown!!!!)

D

Dr Kain

I would suggest you spend time reading, at the very least, every wikipedia article on Kamen Rider and its movies, because you'll acquaint yourself not only with main riders, but secondary riders, evil riders, villains, important plot points, amd of course, movie riders like New Den-O (who you obviously haven't seen before, so watch Den-O Final Countdown!!!!)

Honestly, I only have 55 minutes, and 20 of that is on video clips I've put together. That gives me 25 minutes to talk about the history, so it is pretty much just a basic history to get people interested in the series if they haven't been before, and to entertain (since that is what a panel needs to do).

Hell, I had my panel supervisor last year so impressed with my History of Super Sentai panel that it made her want to check some of it out. She said that if they had told her it was related to Power Rangers when they assigned her to the panel, she would have turned it down.

Here is the current break down of my panel:

Show opening clips of Kougami wishing Kamen Rider a happy birthday along with the roll call from Let's Go All Kamen Riders, along with the roll call for Fourze and Wizard.

Talk about Godzilla, Ultraman, and Ishinomori.

Show clip from Skullman anime and Gilgamesh.

Talk about the creation behind Kamen Rider with Hiriyama, how the second rider came into being, and show clips from the very first episode (when Shocker transforms Hongo and his fight against the Spider Man in the gravel pit).

Talk about how the series progressed and show a clip of Black dueling Shadow Moon.

Discuss the break the series had in the 90s outside of Shin. ZO, J, and then show a clip from Kuuga (the church fight with No 3).

Talk about how Sentai has had some influences on the show due to the increasing number of riders of the years.

Show a clip from Saban's Masked Rider and Dragon Knight as I mention the two times Kamen Rider has been adapted for the US.

Show my trailer for my 2013 Sentai vs Kamen Rider panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned

The Sentai and Kamen Rider US based wiki pages are Nothing anyone should use for anything other than a good laugh.

Mad Skillz
That's actually quite false. Near all the information there is sourced directly from the Japanese websites. They're a good collection of known information at the very least.

Banned
That's actually quite false. Near all the information there is sourced directly from the Japanese websites. They're a good collection of known information at the very least.

It's not false. I mean if you like Ryulongs fake info on a lot of those pages great.

Mad Skillz
What exactly is false? Cause I'm looking at pages, and a ton of them actually source TV Asahi's Rider and Sentai websites as well as reputable Japanese news websites. If you don't like the guy, whatever, but you shouldn't spread misinformation. (unless you want to claim that Toei and TV Asahi's websites aren't reputable)

Banned
What exactly is false? Cause I'm looking at pages, and a ton of them actually source TV Asahi's Rider and Sentai websites as well as reputable Japanese news websites. If you don't like the guy, whatever, but you shouldn't spread misinformation. (unless you want to claim that Toei and TV Asahi's websites aren't reputable)

What ever. His sentai info is a lot of times incorrect. If people want to use the US wiki pages fine, just know that if you put information that is accurate in the wiki, ryulong has and WILL remove it if he doesn't approve. It doesn't matter if it's legit or not.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
What ever. His sentai info is a lot of times incorrect. If people want to use the US wiki pages fine, just know that if you put information that is accurate in the wiki, ryulong has and WILL remove it if he doesn't approve. It doesn't matter if it's legit or not.

Um...excuse me, but you're use of the word "whatever" is inaccurate. It is normally used as one word and thus your whole argument is invalid.

Actually, what's invalid is the fact that the US wiki pages for Sentai and tokusatsu in general are all fake. I doubt Ryulong monitors that many pages. And who's to say he still does? What if he got tired of it and stopped? Kurenai is right, the references used are very credible sources from toei and many other Japanese sites. Just because Ryulong did that at one point doesn't mean he still does. From what I can tell, they are fine. If you don't believe us, "whatever".

Banned
Um...excuse me, but you're use of the word "whatever" is inaccurate. It is normally used as one word and thus your whole argument is invalid.

Actually, what's invalid is the fact that the US wiki pages for Sentai and tokusatsu in general are all fake. I doubt Ryulong monitors that many pages. And who's to say he still does? What if he got tired of it and stopped? Kurenai is right, the references used are very credible sources from toei and many other Japanese sites. Just because Ryulong did that at one point doesn't mean he still does. From what I can tell, they are fine. If you don't believe us, "whatever".

Well aren't you just the cutest little grammar nazi. :anime:

Fake was a poor choice of words on my part. But I mean hey, if you guys are happy with poorly done wiki pages more power to you.

Heroes are forever
The problem with the information in those pages is that it's lacking, not false.