It's a valid topic to discuss. My first sentence was intended to point out that given the way you phrased your initial post I would not have guessed that your intent was any kind of analysis or discussion. The responses previous to mine didn't seem to engage on that level either, so I'm guessing that my interpretation was not unique, even if it was misplaced.

Then I stated why I personally never looked out for that kind of thing. Perhaps I should have stated that yes I have always interpreted the instances of fanservice in toku as being included to get a "ooh that's hot" reaction from the older audience. That's not unique to toku; Here in the UK we even have the phrase "a bit of 'blue' for the dads" to refer to it. If there's a reason I hadn't considered for (for example) Movie Wars Ultimatum to include numerous zoomed-in shots of teenage girls' thighs with harp music being played over the top, then please do let me know, because it means I've completely misjudged that film and it'd be nice to see it in another way (again, I'm not sure if this reads as if I'm being sarcastic or mocking, but that's not my intention here).

That's not to say I think people "shouldn't like" a show automatically because it includes it. Cutie Honey has just as much a place within toku as Den-O or Garo, regardless of whether I prefer the other two over CH. At the same time, if I were to say what I did or didn't like about CH, I'd talk about how I thought Duke was funny but then sadly pushed to the fringe as the show went on, rather than how well Honey's actress fills out her costume. It's just not what I'm interested in getting out of toku. If that makes me weird that's OK, I'll add it to the list of reasons :sweat:

Last edited:
Nobody is saying you're weird for not caring about sex appeal in toku shows. You proposed very specific things about me, saying I have specific kinks etc that is just not the place to take a discussion. I really don't see why some choose not to discuss the TV shows and the content, but go after posters or analyze them based on little. And for the record, I never said I like shows automatically if they include sex appeal.

Sex appeal or the various subtopics here are aspects of a TV show, we can discuss them like anything else. It's internet 101, no ad hominem. You discuss the topic, not the person talking about the topic. Especially for art/entertainment, there's no reason to get personal with it. I'm asking a question in a place where people have lots of information about these shows.

When I made a topic asking what the most violent and "nuts" sentai shows were a while back, you didn't try to analyze me and say I have issues because I'm curious about fictional violence. I'd just like that same courtesy when discussing fictional depictions of sex appeal. It's just another topic, and can be a fun one.

Another fun question to throw in the mix, what toku shows feature a sexy villainess? And who are your favorite sexy female villain characters? I did see a top 10 once but it was mostly characters from Power Rangers. It's just a fun trope. How about sexy Kamen Rider villains? There was one in 555... we always need more. (Actually this is a good sentai top 10: )[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaArquoHuy0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaArquoHuy0[/ame]

And has there really not been a wacky "sexy" situation in toku these days? Gal falls on a guy or something, anime style? The world just might need a compiled thesis on sexuality in toku, and this topic is the place. And how about the Kamen Rider side of things?

Last edited:
I think your list is wrong, it didn't have Escape as number 1, which is clearly a mistake. Also it didn't have water pollution minister Kegalesia at all.

Also are you only looking for villians? Because the Fourze movies had Inga Blink, if she doesn't count as over the top sexy I don't know what does.

Also are you only looking for villians? Because the Fourze movies had Inga Blink, if she doesn't count as over the top sexy I don't know what does.
Any character will do, and very good call there! Cutie Honey herself, how about that. I haven't seen much of Fourze.

You proposed very specific things about me
Oh now I understand. I meant that as an extremely sarcastic statement not aimed at any one in particular ("people"). Not as a specific statement about you. I apologise if you were offended by my crappy humour / lack of clarity. I really need some kind of 'taking the piss' tag for my posts :sweat: While it wasn't really intended as a reference, the germ of the idea was recalling that Akiba Red (the embodyment of what the staff making toku think the hardcore fans are like) does like toku in part because of a very specific preference he has.

I also misunderstood your intent. I thought you were asking for discussion yet getting pissy when someone presented an opposing viewpoint. I quite like a discussion where someone who likes something I don't care for explains why they enjoy it, so I can see it in a way I hadn't considered before or maybe visa versa. That's what I was intending to spark up with my second post, not intending to enflame things further. Apologies again for compounding my mistake :disappoin

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Marushina (sp?) of Akibaranger is probably my fave "sexy" Sentai villainess of recent years. I like her a whole lot more than Candelira, Nai 'n' Mea, Mele and Shizuka who are supposed to be cute and appealing but all just piss me off.

I also have a very soft spot for Escape, but I find it hard to separate her from Enter in my mind and I love him very much too :( On the Rider side in recent years we have Saeko Sonozaki, Sonoda, and of course Malika

The only ones I can think of are Mele and Escape if we're talking about villains specifically. And even then I wouldn't call Mele's season recent.