This has gotten so much deeper than i thought it would. On a lighter note, Luca was a black character. Luca first appeared in Final Fantasy IV. She's the aristocrat of the dwarves in an underworld kingdom and the child to king Giot. She appears several years later with a drastic change in appearance.

There are always racists complaining about seeing anyone different. In that case, complaints about diversity have be taken with a grain of salt. Anyway, there is also the fact that this Un-PC obsession is often hiding some chip on the shoulder. Has anyone noticed that? I mean, did black kids beat someone up - or what? :D

Last edited:
I think a game is not appealing if it has only a single race. It should have a mix to rule out issues to do with racial descrimination.

I believe it will be wrong for us to take this too far in the sense that the developers of the games that we play always try to makes things more balanced as regards the race of characters and that is the reason why when will play some of the characters of final fantasy, you will notice that some are blacks in colour while some are having the skin of Asian people.

So, in my opinion, I don't think that the developers of final fantasy did it with interest to displaying the characters with one colour or race since we have black characters in the game as well.

Administrator
Staff member
Regardless of their Skin color, All Final Fantasy characters are aliens. Non of them lives on Earth. Also not all of them lives on the same universe. We never really had an earthling Final Fantasy character.

In as much as the characters in Final Fantasy games appear to have some kind of mixed skin color, I still do believe that majority of the characters in the game are more of Asian origin and nature than other part of the world. Is that a hit or a miss on the part of Square Enix?

The one I remember most is Sazh. The game caught me by surprise when I thought he shot his head with his gun because he lost hope. I was relieved to know that he didn't shot himself. One of the most memorable scenes in FFXIII-1 for me. :D

This subject is a bit complex. I mean, the diversity I saw on The Hunger Games seemed natural, but not Star Wars (the newer ones). Anyway, looking at this deeper, I think many cultures have a majority and a minority. But if things are portrayed as being mixed equally like 50 to 50, then it seems unnatural (something not done on The Hunger Games)..
Diversity for the sake of appeasement to minority never seems natural. That's why blade is more realistic than black panther. And there is a cult for blade movies and mangas and anime too. But the thing is that these days in the name of diversity people are forgetting the natural flow and quality of jobs, movies, acting, etc.

The one I remember most is Sazh. The game caught me by surprise when I thought he shot his head with his gun because he lost hope. I was relieved to know that he didn't shot himself. One of the most memorable scenes in FFXIII-1 for me. :D

Sazh definitely didn't shot himself although he led most people to think that he did. It was such a funny event.

Diversity for the sake of appeasement to minority never seems natural. That's why blade is more realistic than black panther. And there is a cult for blade movies and mangas and anime too. But the thing is that these days in the name of diversity people are forgetting the natural flow and quality of jobs, movies, acting, etc.

Well, not trying to be Mr. teary eyed over-sensitive, but it's quite sad the world has gotten like this. I mean, certainly it was the gaming world that was a launching pad for a lot of this despicable politics, to be frank (Gamergate, for instance). Politics that isn't just about being different (which is still sort of bad), but also a cover for some test of seeing who is the better/worse race.

Last edited:
Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Sazh definitely didn't shot himself although he led most people to think that he did. It was such a funny event.

If one is quick to conclude, such person would believe that Sazh shot himself in that scene but it wasn't what transpired. He is such a funny guy, I love the his hair style.