I must confess I'm not the die hard fan of video games, leave alone Final Fantasy. I'm just wondering do Final Fantasy have black characters anywhere? Well, most video games I've seen people play don't have them. I think there should be a balance in all races since these games are played world wide.

Administrator
Staff member
Most Final Fantasy characters are racially ambigious characters with both Caucasian and Asian features. They are designed to look mixed race to appeal for both Asians and the west.

Final Fantasy do have Black characters through out it's history. I will only list down the playable ones.

Barret from Final Fantasy 7 is a playable character. He is also one of the favorites. You can customize him as the leader instead of Cloud if you like.

Barret-portrait-viigb.png
FFVIIR_Barret.jpg

At Final Fantasy 8, There is Kiros. He is playable once you got to Laguna's arc because he is Laguna's partner.
finalfantasyviii-kiros.jpg

Final Fantasy 12 have Fran. She is a Black woman with rabbit ears.
She is an archer and she can also cast spells. She is a playable character who is relevant to the story.

latest

Sazh is one of the major characters in Final Fantasy 13.He is also the oldest playable character since most playable characters are teenagers to early 20's. if you love gun slinging characters you will love him.
Sazh_Katzroy.jpg

Last edited:
Also, do not forget about Leo Cristophe in Final Fantasy 6- he was the highest ranking officer in the oppressive empire-but I think he played a bad guy. Although Leo was a fair and noble type of guy-but he has a lot of features of a black man as well ?
final_fantasy_vi_leo.jpg

I don't agree with SJW influence in the gaming or movies. I think people should stop expecting races to make into the games and the movies. I mean this is really turn off for the people who are not racist and are forced characters of certain race on them. It's really sad that people are forcing race to be included in the games.

Administrator
Staff member
I don't agree with SJW influence in the gaming or movies. I think people should stop expecting races to make into the games and the movies. I mean this is really turn off for the people who are not racist and are forced characters of certain race on them. It's really sad that people are forcing race to be included in the games.
So you want nothing but white characters?

Final Fantasy characters are not even white as they have strong Japanese features covered by the blue eyes and blond hair.They use Japanese motion capture models as base of the characters then give them blue eyes.

Tidus looks like an Okinawan who got blond hair because of too much sun exposure.
2698142-ffx-tidus-sending.jpeg

I think a game is not appealing if it has only a single race. It should have a mix to rule out issues to do with racial descrimination.

So you want nothing but white characters?

Final Fantasy characters are not even white as they have strong Japanese features covered by the blue eyes and blond hair.They use Japanese motion capture models as base of the characters then give them blue eyes.

Tidus looks like an Okinawan who got blond hair because of too much sun exposure.
2698142-ffx-tidus-sending.jpeg
No I never said, what skin color I want in characters.

What I meant is people should not dictate game studios and movie companies to please the minority. They should write stories naturally. That's why Blade is more natural than forceful black panther character. You get what I am saying?

This stuff gets tough. I mean, I'm all for movies etc. reflecting the population depicted (That's an reasonable compromise.). For instance, since the USA is in many places black and white, I think black and white is a good USA representation. However, though, FF is universal.

This stuff gets tough. I mean, I'm all for movies etc. reflecting the population depicted (That's an reasonable compromise.). For instance, since the USA is in many places black and white, I think black and white is a good USA representation. However, though, FF is universal.
Yes pretty much and instead of seeing things from majority and minority angle. People have to see things in more natural ways. That's how things should be. Making things changed to please the minority sounds like forceful propaganda.

Yes pretty much and instead of seeing things from majority and minority angle. People have to see things in more natural ways. That's how things should be. Making things changed to please the minority sounds like forceful propaganda.

This subject is a bit complex. I mean, the diversity I saw on The Hunger Games seemed natural, but not Star Wars (the newer ones). Anyway, looking at this deeper, I think many cultures have a majority and a minority. But if things are portrayed as being mixed equally like 50 to 50, then it seems unnatural (something not done on The Hunger Games)..

Last edited: