Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Rush Hour 4 in the Works
Stars Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker interested in returning.

by Max Nicholson
July 30, 2012

While at the TCA press tour promoting his new CBS series Vegas, movie producer Arthur M. Sarkissian revealed that he had begun development on a fourth Rush Hour film as a follow-up to the classic buddy cop trilogy starring Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan.

"I am working on Rush Hour 4 right now," Sarkissian told Crave Online. "I'm trying to do it closer to how I did Rush Hour 1, more down to earth, more gritty, introduce two new characters and make it real the way the first one was. I personally was not happy with the third one. I thought 1 and 2 were very good. I think 3 got out of hand a little bit. It's not a matter of just bringing them back to do another segment of that or a sequel to it by putting them in another city and having them bicker. I don't want that. I want something new."

When asked about the "two new characters," Sarkissian noted that that doesn't necessarily mean the introduction of two younger cops who could eventually take over the franchise. "Maybe younger, maybe Chris is now married, maybe Jackie is married, I don't know. Married to Chris's cousin, they live in Shanghai, Chris goes out to visit them. I don't know, I want something energetic."

Sarkissian also confirmed that Chan and Tucker were interested in returning. Now it's down to hiring a screenwriter for the project. "I'm very close to making a decision," he said. "I have about four or five names that we're roaming on right now."

Of course, Chan's involvement would potentially contradict the actor's recent announcement that he was retiring from the heavy action genre. But Sarkissian said that he is sensitive to Chan's needs, adding that there won't be a gratuitous amount of action anyway.

"He's getting a little older," he said. "I think he can fit it. What was great about Rush Hour 1 and 2 mostly was the relationship of these two and it came out of nowhere. It was just very real. We didn't build it, we didn't write it. It just happened. I think the action will be there but it has to be molded to fit him today and not forced into stuff that he won’t do."

Source: IGN

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ESOctTMJfo&feature=g-all-lik"]Rush Hour 4 news[/ame]

Some kind of Beast mode
If it does come through I hope it is significantly better than 3. At least the producer was well aware of its flaws.

Raxbait: Hip
If it does come through I hope it is significantly better than 3. At least the producer was well aware of its flaws.

This. If they can work from their mistakes from the 3rd, I will be more than happy for a 4th.

Is not impressed right now...
I loved the first two. Still haven't seen 3 yet.

I'm just glad Chris Tucker will be getting another paycheck. Apparently he's run into some financial trouble recently.

Some kind of Beast mode
I loved the first two. Still haven't seen 3 yet.

I'm just glad Chris Tucker will be getting another paycheck. Apparently he's run into some financial trouble recently.

Oh yea? That sucks..I know he still needs to hit a treadmill as well. Judging from his play on the NBA celebrity All-Star team.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
If it redeems itself for 3, I will consider Rush Hour 4 the "true finale" of the Rush Hour trilogy..............not that bull that Rush Hour 3 attempted to be