Another Alien Movie Is Coming, But Not To Theaters

Staff member
Is Ridley Scott still working on that third Alien prequel? We don’t know, as there hasn’t been any news on it in quite a while, but you’ll be getting another movie one way or another. Something completely unrelated was just greenlit for production…but not for theaters.
Instead, the as-yet-untitled Alien movie is being produced for Hulu. Film director Fede Alvarez, best known for Don’t Breathe and the Evil Dead remake, made a pitch for a new story and Scott accepted it. Alvarez will be the writer and director.
“It was just a really good story with a bunch of characters you haven’t seen before,” says Steve Asbell, president of 20th Century Pictures. This project is also being produced at the same time as that Alien TV series by Noah Hawley, which is coming soon — Hulu is investing big in Xenomorph rubber suits.
“Movies for television” used to mean an inferior...

Continue reading...

Hulu?
Because Hulu is available in my area, I'm hoping it will ultimately make its way to Netflix.
I am a major admirer of aliens and have seen every movie and played every videogame there is.
I have a Xenomorph queen As a pillow.