Raxbait: Hip
Hello HJU'ers~

Just wondering how many people here will be at this years Anime Expo?
I've got a 4-day pass so I would be down to meet anyone who is going anytime.

D

Dr Kain

My friends and I are coming down there this year. We are getting into LA on Wed morning and plan to spend the day traveling around seeing the city since it is our first time there, and then continue to do that when we get bored at AX. Unfortunately, we will be leaving on Sunday afternoon around 1, which blows because I' going to miss out on the charity auction, Funimation industry panel, and closing ceremonies, but one of our friends had everything paid off within 20 minutes of us deciding to go (plane, rental car, and hotel was booked).

I don't know how my internet will be, since I'm not sure if there is wifi in my hotel or at the convention center, so if you want to meet up sometime over the weekend, PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

So far, most of my Friday is planned to be in the autograph lines as I want the autographs of Sabat, Vale, Bosch, Kise, and Ishikawa. ANd I know for certain I will be going to the screening of Ghost in the Shell ARISE.

Lurker
i am suprised nobody at HJU tried to get a booth and do some toku introduction and stuff especially if you gotta some stars there, just saying i am actually working with a buddy of mind were trying to get approved for a panel at Anime Syracuse Convention in September.

I'm going :D. Pretty excited. I'm going with a few of my cousins and some friends. Kinda bummed that I have to go a bit later on Saturday and Sunday, but Thursday and Friday, I'm spending the entire day there.

D

Dr Kain

i am suprised nobody at HJU tried to get a booth and do some toku introduction and stuff especially if you gotta some stars there, just saying i am actually working with a buddy of mind were trying to get approved for a panel at Anime Syracuse Convention in September.

I actually did. I submitted the Kamen Rider and Sentai panels I did at NDK last year and both were rejected. As was my Voltron vs Golion panel.

I actually did. I submitted the Kamen Rider and Sentai panels I did at NDK last year and both were rejected. As was my Voltron vs Golion panel.

I've been going every year since 2008 and its disappointing that there has never been a toku panel at AX. Especially considering how its a major part of Japanese pop culture and I see plenty of toku cosplayers every year. I figured a toku panel would get rejected. Did they tell you why?

I'll try to check out the tokusatsu cosplay gatherings. I'm not much of a cosplayer, but I'll be wearing my Wizard rings, so if you recognize it, feel free to say hi.

Last edited:
Raxbait: Hip
Yeah, for the most part, I'll be going to Autograph sessions the most. Though Sunday it seems my schedule so far is light.

Also, this app totally helps on planning what to do at AX http://guidebook.com/g/animeexpo/

Still trying to think of what to bring cosplay-wise. Prolly go with a wrist changer.

D

Dr Kain

I've been going every year since 2008 and its disappointing that there has never been a toku panel at AX. Especially considering how its a major part of Japanese pop culture and I see plenty of toku cosplayers every year. I figured a toku panel would get rejected. Did they tell you why?

Nope, all I got was a blank email that said, "Your panel has been rejected" in the subject heading, and I got three emails, meaning three panels. No reason as to why or anything.

One person I talked to on FB said they don't accept any Toku panels because they are not directly anime related. I've been meaning to ask on their forums about Toku stuff though but keep forgetting. Maybe I'll do that in a few minutes while I am thinking of it.

EDIT: Just posted a topic about Toku panels on their board.

Yeah, for the most part, I'll be going to Autograph sessions the most. Though Sunday it seems my schedule so far is light.

Also, this app totally helps on planning what to do at AX http://guidebook.com/g/animeexpo/

Still trying to think of what to bring cosplay-wise. Prolly go with a wrist changer.

We were thinking about bringing some of our henshin devices, but have decided against it just so we don't end up losing them on the plane or something. Plus, it would take up too much room. I still kind of want to bring at least my KyoryuGold device. So if you see a guy with red hair, a KyoryuGold bracelet, and maybe black gothic boots (if I take them), that is me, so feel free to say hi.

Last edited by a moderator: