... Santa Claus?? of course not! :sweat:

it's AKB48~!!!

JapanArtistAKB48_MG_3014.jpg

AKB48 has been invited to be a guest of honor for this upcoming Anime Expo 2010 in L.A. The said expo will start from July 1 up to July 4. AKB48 will be having a 1-day concert on the first day of this convention.

So what's so great about this? Or potentially explosive about this news? I hope you remember these girls very well:

o0480080010366187157.jpg

Yep! Tomomi Kasai and Tomomi Itano (Queen and Elizabeth) of Kamen Rider Double are front girls for AKB48, meaning for large events like these they have a 90% probability of coming in to the expo. The last event that one of these two girls went to was the New York Anime Festival in September 2009 (only Itano came to NYC though while Kasai was sent to Cannes, France).

Cross your fingers that one of them or both will participate. Some of my wota friends have started booking tickets for this already. AKB48 will perform live in Nokia Theater on Thursday July 1, 2010, at 4:30 p.m. The girls will also participate in attendee panels, meet-and-greets and autograph sessions.:thumbs:

Good thing i've asked some of my friends to get stuff signed for me since i can't come to the US. :p

LAST MINUTE BIG EDIT

BUT... BUT.... yes BUT... here is now THE OFFICIAL LIST OF GIRLS WHO ARE COMING TO THE ANIME EXPO...

<drum roll please...>

Members for the Nokia Theatre Live:

倉持・小嶋・指原・高城・高橋・前田(敦)・前田(亜)・秋元・板野・大島・小野・仁籐・藤江・峯岸・宮澤・北原の16名

A - Kuramochi, Kojima, Sashihara, Takahashi, Maeda Atsuko, Maeda Ami
K - Akimoto, Itano, Oshima, Ono, Nito, Fujie, Minegishi, Miyazawa
B - Kitahara, Kasai

total of 16 girls. though according to the management updates it's still possible there might be changes to the roster, but these are the girls initially selected for this task.

it looks like Tomomi Kasai won't make it, but at least Tomomi Itano will be there :thumbs:

source: http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-10546541103.html

Last edited:
It stinks.
My God, I hope one of them show up. It'll be crazy as hell.

Appo.. Nappo..
damnit.. the one time I can't attend an AX was this year and those two will be there.. poor me..

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
After the bad experience my buddies and I went through last year at AX, it would take a whole lot for me to come back.

...Sadly, this isn't enough. Sorry. :sweat:

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Mayuyu says "It's about time someone made this thread."

[hide]
akb48mayuyuixashirt.jpg
[/hide]

I might just have to go to AX now... damn it... and either do a Double or Shotaro cosplay.

I would definitly go, if I had the money and didn't have school. :redface2: :shakefist

Last edited: