Am i the only one who found Kamen Rider Fourze a bit Lackluster?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I've seen plenty of complains in the main sticky thread that are beyond " too much comedy" and "childish". Of course some say that but don't pretend that people don't have legit grips againest the show.

Like what?

For me, Fourze is a better show than the majority of Heisei combined. **** shows that feature cocky douchebag mains (Tsukasa, Tendou), trolling secondaries and support characters (far too many to mention) , idiotic, moronic, disgusting romances (KIVA!), and pretentious deep dark plots (Kabuto, Decade, Faiz, and Kiva). I would take a lighthearted, comedic show with a likeable, kind, outgoing main over seasons that are, at the end of it, trying too hard to act mature and worth ****.

I love you man :castlerock:

Like what?

I'll post this here again since you missed it

My problem is that many plots in Fourze are only brought when they have too in order to keep the status quo. For example the club being completely stupid to Ryusei's identity. A better plot would be Kengo would actively try to figure out Meteor ability. Also Kengo sickness only being relevant when the story wants it too. Ryusei's story was anti-climatic now he really doesn't have anything to do. Majority of the middle episodes are, Gentaro makes friends with some new person. It gets boring after a while. I was loving at the beginning but now I'm not excited to a new episode. Before Fourze was actually funny with a good plot you were interested in seeing unfold but they dropped the ball, now at times it's just really silly. There are more problems I have but these are just a few. I still like the show just not as much when I started. It's probably not a series I'll watch again like Hibiki, Blade, Agito, W, or OOO (even some episodes of Kabuto and Decade).

Also you were talking to others in the sticky that not once brought up childish http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=77748&page=100.

Last edited:
I'll post this here again since you missed it

My problem is that many plots in Fourze are only brought when they have too in order to keep the status quo. For example the club being completely stupid to Ryusei's identity. A better plot would be Kengo would actively try to figure out Meteor ability. Also Kengo sickness only being relevant when the story wants it too. Ryusei's story was anti-climatic now he really doesn't have anything to do. Majority of the middle episodes are, Gentaro makes friends with some new person. It gets boring after a while. I was loving at the beginning but now I'm not excited to a new episode. Before Fourze was actually funny with a good plot you were interested in seeing unfold but they dropped the ball, now at times it's just really silly. There are more problems I have but these are just a few. I still like the show just not as much when I started. It's probably not a series I'll watch again like Hibiki, Blade, Agito, W, or OOO (even some episodes of Kabuto and Decade).

Also you were talking to others in the sticky that not once brought up childish http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=77748&page=100. Guess you forgot.

"Forgot" no, "don't care" yes. Most of the complaints about Fourze supposedly having too big a cast are based around its lack of "character development", which is not necessary nor mandatory for every character. And "silly"? What do you mean by silly? Aren't you basically saying it's not serious enough, which was my initial point (that so much of the hate it gets is for that very reason?)

I liked Fourze, but I think, alongside Kabuto, it's the Rider show where alternating writers were most noticeable.

There are clear differences between some important main characters written by Nakashima and by Riku Sanjo - Yuuki has been mentioned before several times, but Gentaro himself is pretty different with each writer too - and there are some lesser oddities with the other characters. Overall, that ends up hurting the consistency of the show. Hasegawa's episodes fit in much better though, but, unfortunately, Sanjo wrote more episodes than him.

There are clear differences between some important main characters written by Nakashima and by Riku Sanjo - Yuuki has been mentioned before several times, but Gentaro himself is pretty different with each writer too - and there are some lesser oddities with the other characters. Overall, that ends up hurting the consistency of the show. Hasegawa's episodes fit in much better though, but, unfortunately, Sanjo wrote more episodes than him.

What differences do you notice in Gentaro with each writer?

"Forgot" no, "don't care" yes. Most of the complaints about Fourze supposedly having too big a cast are based around its lack of "character development", which is not necessary nor mandatory for every character. And "silly"? What do you mean by silly? Aren't you basically saying it's not serious enough, which was my initial point (that so much of the hate it gets is for that very reason?)

No I saw more than that and gave more reasons also. You find just as much in a couple of episodes in the HJU poscast. And no, obviously I said I really liked Fourze in the beginning, I also mention how fun it was. (start to like late 20's loved it). From my memory Fourze was no different in drama department then. My main point is there is a difference between just being silly and being funny. Now you can love and praise the show and call the best thing Kamen Rider ever did but it's ignorant to pretend people don't have legit gripes.

No I saw more than that and gave more reasons also. You find just as much in a couple of episodes in the HJU poscast. And no, obviously I said I really liked Fourze in the beginning, I also mention how fun it was. (start to like late 20's loved it). From my memory Fourze was no different in drama department then. My main point is there is a difference between just being silly and being funny. Now you can love and praise the show and call the best thing Kamen Rider ever did but it's ignorant to pretend people don't have legit gripes.

I never said they didn't, nor that it is the best thing Kamen Rider ever did. I simply think it gets a disproportionate amount of hate from fans who think they are too grown up for a children's show.

What differences do you notice in Gentaro with each writer?

Basically, although Gentaro is a loudmouth who's quick to act and speak what he's thinking with both writers, Nakashima actually writes Gentaro as deceptively smart. In the Nakashima episodes, he's often the one figuring out people's real natures, especially his own friends, thus becoming able to befriend them and keep his friendships. In the Riku Sanjo episodes, Gentaro is basically like Shotaro, acting based on pure emotion which leads him to frequent mistakes, even if he does get some hits too.

For example, Riku Sanjo was the one who wrote the Magnet story, where Gentaro and Kengo completely misunderstood each other's actions and ended up fighting, the graduation episode where he made a big mistake trying to set up Shun and Mio as a pair, that scene in the recent Gemini arc where Gentaro noticed nothing wrong with a Gemini who wasn't even attacking him and proceeded to beat her up...

Even when there were misunderstandings in a Kazuki Nakashima episode, Gentaro was much less aggressive about them. When he was fooled into thinking that his teacher was a Zodiarts during the Pegasus arc, he did transform to face her, but that's it. He asked her to face him head on, but didn't do anything until she actually acted - which resulted in her showing that she wasn't the Zodiarts. In the recent Gemini arc, there's a Gentaro line about how he keeps speaking about friendship but isn't actually a good friend. Really, that's only true for Riku Sanjo's own episodes.

I'm A Djinn
I agree with the inconsistencies of characters between writers.

I cant pinpoint which is which but there are times when Gentarou seems smarter, deeper, more observant, and hard-boiled (yeah I said it) than he lets on. Capricorn arc, the Cosmic debut (that goddamn logic when it comes to understanding Ryuusei murdering him sounds so farfetched BUT he really sold it). And then there are times like the Gemini arc and Cygnus arc where he's just as much in the dark and holding the Idiot Ball like every one is. I still cant believe he DIDNT seem to know it Ryusei was Meteor all along, bullshit! For the most part though, I think it is fine, since it can get pretty boring if the main guy is ALWAYS on top of the situation. But I admit that it might have been better if there was a bit more consistency in who Gentarou is supposed to be. To me, I just tell myself he IS as outgoing and goofy but plenty deep and serious inside kinda like Monkey D Luffy (yeah I said that too).

And I did mean post MEGAMAX post Meteor (I shouldve just said post MEGA MAX period). She was funnier when she wasnt trying too hard. Now she's just painful and the worst thing I'll ever take away from this show. She is scum.

Again, I do not in anyway think Fourze is the best there is, neither is it my number 1 favorite. It has its fair share of low points and flaws. I agree that it couldve used foreshadowing a lot better. But in my opinion it is definitely a fun, entertaining, feel-good season with its pro's outweighing its cons. And that it is miles better than the crap I had to put up with some of its Heisei seniors. Kabuto tried too hard, Faiz didnt try hard enough, Decade was a complete joke with a big **** YOU to the audience at the very end, and Kiva actually kills your brain cells when you watch it.