Am i the only one who found Kamen Rider Fourze a bit Lackluster?

With Fourze wrapping up in a few weeks i wanted some opinions, the title pretty much explains it, i'll admit there was some REALLY fun things like the Aries arc and the Dark!Yuki two parter and the kaijins looked kick ass. However does anyone think that overall this season was a lackluster season? Which was the same problem that Kamen Rider OOO had.

Welcome
Great, another hate thread.......

It's gonna turn out like that one other thread that I can't remember.I think it was something like "I'm done with Go-Onger" or something.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
If I'm being totally honest, there were things in Fourze that made me like it just a little bit less than W or OOO. I hated the Dark!Yuuki arc and think it was stupid, pointless, cheap drama. Aquarius annoyed me. I'm not the biggest fan of Ryuusei.

On the whole, however? I love it. I think it was a great show. The reason it gets so much hate is simply that a large number of English-speaking fans (not just those on these board) think that being kind and friendly is a bad thing and that they are too "mature" for a show that's unashamedly for kids. :laugh:

Aronbafon
I'd say it's a strong show, though not without it's weak points.

It's handling the Horoscopes quite bad. Sure with Cosmic States they have Fourze being on par with Horoscopes but they could at least have used them better before hand.

Banned
Why start a new thread to say what you think about Fourze? There is a dedicated sticky thread about Fourze.

The reason it gets so much hate is simply that a large number of English-speaking fans (not just those on these board) think that being kind and friendly is a bad thing and that they are too "mature" for a show that's unashamedly for kids. :laugh:

What are you talking about? Do you have any actual basis for this?

I like Gentaro but he often comes off as just too simple. "I'm going to make friends with everyone and put on this big silly grin!" Why? It's obvious that he goes out of his way to help others compared to his peers, but it's never explained. We know why Eiji did what he did, what Shotaro did, what Shinji did, etc. But Gentaro doesn't seem to have any motivation beyond "I'm nicer than everyone else."

Then he says ridiculous things like making friends with a giant robot in Space Time, and generally acts spazzy for no real reason. It's too cartoony. It takes away from the heroic moments he does have. He's almost like a watered down, less subtle version of Godai. Again, I like him but I think he could have been handled better, as could many characters.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
What are you talking about? Do you have any actual basis for this?

Just look at the main complaints about it: "it's too childish", "it has too much comedy," "it's like an anime" etc. etc. Why do you think Wizard is already way overhyped before it's even begun? As soon as we started getting stuff for that show, people were talking about wanting a "serious" show and "edgy" Rider and hoping that Wizard would provide that. They just can't stand it that Fourze makes no pretence at being anything other than what it is, which is a show for young children.

I'm A Djinn
Read enough Fourze threads, heck even non-Fourze threads, and you would see actual lines likes, " I just cant get past the whole friendship thing, the whole friendship thing is just too silly, really? friendship, lol"

For me, Fourze is a better show than the majority of Heisei combined. **** shows that feature cocky douchebag mains (Tsukasa, Tendou), trolling secondaries and support characters (far too many to mention) , idiotic, moronic, disgusting romances (KIVA!), and pretentious deep dark plots (Kabuto, Decade, Faiz, and Kiva). I would take a lighthearted, comedic show with a likeable, kind, outgoing main over seasons that are, at the end of it, trying too hard to act mature and worth ****.

To be fair, Yuki post MEGA MAX pre-Meteor can go die in a fire alongside the Akiko they had in W Returns: Accel.

It is a superior show to most Heisei Riders, a God-send really after having to put up with the BS from most of its predecessors. It has plenty of flaws and missteps but I can forgive it if only for how much of not a dick people (save one, some episodes in) in this show are.

I truly believe it didnt drop the ball Double and OOO passed on to it, and hopefully it gives way to an equally good or better show in Wizard.

Just look at the main complaints about it: "it's too childish", "it has too much comedy," "it's like an anime" etc. etc. Why do you think Wizard is already way overhyped before it's even begun? As soon as we started getting stuff for that show, people were talking about wanting a "serious" show and "edgy" Rider and hoping that Wizard would provide that. They just can't stand it that Fourze makes no pretence at being anything other than what it is, which is a show for young children.

I've seen plenty of complains in the main sticky thread that are beyond " too much comedy" and "childish". Of course some say that but don't pretend that people don't have legit grips against the show.

My problem is that many plots in Fourze are only brought when they have too in order to keep the status quo. For example the club being completely stupid to Ryusei's identity. A better plot would be Kengo would actively try to figure out Meteor ability. Also Kengo sickness only being relevant when the story wants it too. Ryusei's story was anti-climatic now he really doesn't have anything to do. Majority of the middle episodes are, Gentaro makes friends with some new person. It gets boring after a while. I was loving at the beginning but now I'm not excited to a new episode. Before Fourze was actually funny with a good plot you were interested in seeing unfold but they dropped the ball, now at times it's just really silly. I still like the show just not as much when I started.

Last edited:
Welcome
I think the funny thing about this is...

The OP is asking if he's the only one that dislikes Fourze.

But apparently the Fourze thread is filled with hate.

Hmmm.I'm a bit confused.