Sentai has definitely had some really great villains, huh?

As far as groups go, it's gotta be Vyram and Gaiark for me. The Carranger villains are pretty fun for me as well, but those two groups are currently my favorite - though the Deboss Legion is getting up there.

For individual, we've got Enter, Bandora, Prince Junior, Dr. Man, and Brajira... or however you spell his name. Probably more I'm forgetting as well, so lets just call them my top five.

Haven't seen too many of the post-2000 Sentai so I'm sure there are classics I'm missing, but I'm pretty happy with what I have seen.

D

Dr Kain

if you're a villain who temporarily lost your memory, fell in love with a girl only to regain said memories and mercilessly kill her afterwards, you are the biggest dick that ever walked the earth. yes I'm looking at you, Radiguet.

Did he kill her? I mean, it was so rushed and nothing was ever said again after he attacked her that it was hard to tell.

Did he kill her? I mean, it was so rushed and nothing was ever said again after he attacked her that it was hard to tell.

he sort of... vaporized her or something. I'm not sure myself because it was almost 7 years ago since I've seen the series, but I think she was pretty much killed, yeah.

The Ranger with the Cowbell
Bandora to me wasn't THAT great a villain and most people IMO just cling to her due to her being Rita.

she's not that dangerous, but she's kind of the villain you'd love to cheer for

but great satan at zyuranger was terrifying as hell. I'm lucky to not watch Zyu when I was a kid. he will surely gave me a nightmare (and so does grandienne)

I'm going to throw in two more:

Emperor Tranza - I personally don't like Tran. He was just a bit too petty to me, and his plans, while psychological, always felt small and without a grand plan compared to the other villains. That's why when Tranza arrived, everything changed. He's, in some ways, the opposite of Radiguet. Radiguet is a survivor, a nasty piece of work that will go after everything you love and hold dear. He will manipulate more powerful elements in order to win. But Tranza? He's straightforward. He's a gigantic ball of raw power. He is flat out superior to everyone in every way, and he wants you to know it. His plans are immediate because they can be. He went from pettiness as Tran to becoming nothing short of a heat seeker. He is arrogant, but not stupid. He is ungodly powerful, but not foolish. He is everything that makes Vyram threatening, and more.

Doukoku: Sometimes my favorite villain type is the Obstacle. The villain that you talk about, only see every once in a while, and is built up to be the endgame. Doukoku's endgame? Get to earth, and he'll take care of the rest. Episode 40 of "Shinkenger" has one of my favorite moments in all of Sentai when Doukoku tears apart the Shinkengers AND Akumaru in about a minute. Then for the next ten episodes, the plan is "Do NOT let Doukoku get here." He's the villain that is nothing but rage. Any moment a villain realizes that Doukoku's out and about, no matter how tough they are, they hide. The finale was just the Shinkenger trying to survive. Sometimes these villains can be a bit too much, but Doukoku felt like an honest Obstacle. He didn't lose by a powerup or because the story needed it, it took every single ounce of the Shinkenger's power to win.

The Ranger with the Cowbell
I always viewed Doukoku as a dalek, having every emotion but hate removed. And even then, a dalek seemed more threatening to me. Maybe its because he's a freakin' drunk and that by default makes him less of a threat and more of a joke to me.

Bandora to me wasn't THAT great a villain and most people IMO just cling to her due to her being Rita.
Personally, I loved Bandora when I watched Zyuranger, and that's why I put her as one of my favorites. She was an entertaining villain with all of her singing and wacky plots, I enjoy the actress, and in general she's fun to watch - and really, I loved how she comes off as hating children to the point that she constantly sings about killing them, but everything actually returns to her son, which I found to be a really well done and interesting twist.

What's more, I have pretty much... zero nostalgia for or interest in Power Rangers. It's what got me into toku from watching it as a kid, but that's about it.

I always viewed Doukoku as a dalek, having every emotion but hate removed. And even then, a dalek seemed more threatening to me. Maybe its because he's a freakin' drunk and that by default makes him less of a threat and more of a joke to me.

Dokoku being a drunk actually made me love him even more. Here is this drunk lug in a boat, but all of these powerful demons fear him. Why are they so afraid with him? Why is he so secure in his leadership as to being able to just drink and let plans unfold? Once we realize why, it puts perspective on him.

D

Dr Kain

lol

Rhythmic, don't read my Shinkenger Revisited post, as I tore Doukoku apart. I found him to be absolutely useless as he did nothing in 45 episodes of the series but get drunk, whine, and sleep. Even Akumaro did more than him and his episodes stalled the show on a massive level.

As for Bandora, what makes her threatening is that she just wants to kill children. Oh, and her songs are awesome. I'd love to hear Rita sing about grinding the world up into potatoes.