Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft

Early candid shots of the new Lara Croft/Tomb Raider filming are out. I can't post a link because I am still a noob, but Google will bring it up.

For my part I am kinda sick of rebooting everything all the time. And anyone replacing Angelina Jolie in a role has an uphill battle.

That said, the fandom of shooter games seems to turn over a lot so many of them probably don't even remember the first Tomb Raider film.

Just like you, I'm sick of movie rebooting as well. I just don't like it when they do that, especially once we already see the actor as the character from the movie, just like Toby Maguire as Peter Parker and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, and of course Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.

I'm not a fan of game-based movies but Tomb Raider is one of a badass film I must say and Jolie really nailed it! So for me, Jolie will always be Lara Croft.

I saw her photos behind the scenes on Twitter, and... Oh my God, she seems to be perfect for that role.

I confess that at first I had my doubts, but even if the characterization wasn't good, her talent would compensate that failure. However, it was great to know that in addition to all her talent, the characterization seems to be perfect. I'm pretty excited! :cool: