Akira, Your Name And More Movies Headed To Crunchyroll Soon

Staff member
On the same day that Crunchyroll announced a premiere month for My Hero Academia Season 6, they also revealed a lot of very iconic anime movies are finally making their debuts on the service. The landmark 1988 feature film Akira is one of them, as well as Your Name, Japan’s biggest blockbuster to date.
One might ask why those things weren’t already there. Well…they were on Funimation, not Crunchyroll, and due to rights issues being as weird as they are, not everything on the soon-to-be-dead app has migrated to the dominant, monopolistic one. Instead, Crunchyroll has had to eat these essentials one bite at a time, when it can get them.
But Akira and Your Name will be there by month’s end, along with others like Wolf Children, The Stranger By The Shore and Jujutsu Kaisen 0. Here are the premiere dates that are confirmed:
August 11:

Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish
The Stranger by the Shore
Human Lost

August 18

Akira
your name.

August 25

Wolf Children
The Boy and the Beast
Sing a...

Continue reading...

6th Ranger
Akira is such a classic that it still gets syndicated until now while most 80s anime gets forgotten,.

6th Ranger
Both Akira having Hollywood remakes makes me nervous, I have a feeling they will mess it up. I hope I am wrong.