Eye See You
Am I the only one who dislikes the African American styles.
(no question mark, my keypad is locked in french mode, ****).

I just don`t like ANY of it.

The Prince style isn`t African American, it`s homosexual.

Endorphin Machine
Thread's fucktarded, yo.
Yeah, it is. Your post proves it.

Am I the only one who dislikes the African American styles.
(no question mark, my keypad is locked in french mode, ****).

I just don`t like ANY of it.

The Prince style isn`t African American, it`s homosexual.

Firstly.. those guys in the pictures just look gay. That's not African American style. :/ What black guy do you know would stand there controposto (balanced more on one hip like a woman) and have girly looking boxers? They look like wannabe pricks.
If they were styled properly, yeah, they might look good. But they failed at their styling.. so that's not even a good comparison .__.
Style is not about what you wear or how you dress, it's about the confidence and attitude you have while you're wearing it.

Secondly.. about style..
Not necessarily, though @_@.. If the style is atrocious.. sometimes no matter what amount of confidence you have.. it wont look good.
Yeah, youre just getting personal preference mixed in with what you think looks good. People like different stuff. If its balanced out and nice, and you still dont like the style, thats cool.

Kura said:
A lot of people even seem to want to exude TOO much confidence and it detracts from the clothing entirely and just makes them look like douchebags.
Well, that doesnt really have to do with style. That has to with being:
Kura said:
douchebags

Kura said:
You said that "the point is that African Americans wear what they like with confidence and have an image no matter what the style or class" but I don't think ALL African Americans have a clear definition of confidence as opposed to self-narcissism with their style.
Nope, I didnt say all of them. But it is true, its just fact. Thats like saying black people dont have a tendency to eat chicken, or saying that white dudes dont have a habit of wearing khaki shorts. Whats fact is fact.

Kura said:
A lot of guys do this, not just black men.. but it seems like the black guy's mentality to want to think the world is about their dick (the low-hanging jeans, and walking around with their hand in front of their crotch like they have to protect it against the elements of weather or something) and that's what the ultimate turnoff is.
That tone, getting a little derogatory. And:
Cypher-Z said:
Well you have the wrong idea of what swag is. And a person dressed as you described with that type of fashion and rediculous amounts of things like pants hanging and super oversized pants with a shirt up to your knees, thats not swag. Same way a person could be that horrible with that is the same way a dude could wear that garbage nice guy clothes and look absolutely boring and have no sex appeal to women

Kura said:
Maybe it's true that if you go black, you'll never want to go back.. but what person in their right mind will go black in the first place if it seems like their penis is a giant hazard?
Oh jeebus Chorist, if youre gonna start getting racist little by little, dont make it so obvious. And,
Cypher-Z said:
Yeah, youre just getting personal preference mixed in with what you think looks good. People like different stuff. If its balanced out and nice, and you still dont like the style, thats cool.

Kura said:
But I digress; I agree with you that to look RIGHT and stylish, you need a balance of all these things (confidence AND a bit of self-presentation).. and that's what I was trying to say, too.

thumbs-up.gif
Looks like youre running around in circles there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G21Yqwbw0Pw"]YouTube - Prince "Style"[/ame]

Fear the glasses!!
Hey guys, good discussion but let's just keep it nice and chill, kk? If you enter the thread, please don't troll. Thanks!

Personally, as preference, I think sagging is a terrible fashion choice. I'm not sure why people do so, but hey, if they want to, so be it.

Now, as a woman? There is no way I will ever consider sagging a viable fashion option, a turn-on, or appealing. Swag? Swag is a multitude of things. It is about confidence, with appearance, and presentation all mixed in. Plain and simple? Some ppl have swag, some don't.

Do women appreciate confidence in a man? hell yes. Do women consider clothing and appearances? Most certainly. But Swag? Some guys got it. Some don't. And for that matter, swag is an attribute of both genders.

SWAGGER? that stilted walking/limping with constantly pulling up your pants (if you sag, that is)...eh, some women might like it. This one doesn't. And swagger, CAN be made to look good without sagging and all that. I've seen both.

Ay, dont blame me because people cant control themselves.

Dude, **** that. It was inevitable that someone was going to say something another person might construe as racist. Just as inevitable as it was that someone was going to "call" them on it.

This entire thread is just bait to bring people with a crapload of stereotypes. Thankfully the one thing I haven't seen (though I've only skimmed the thread) is that one question that makes me momentarily dislike any white person that asks it: "Why do black people do ________ ?"

Thread title itself is a stereotype. The next black person I see better do the Dougie before he says "Hi". 'Cause that's what they do, right?

Endorphin Machine
Dude, **** that. It was inevitable that someone was going to say something another person might construe as racist. Just as inevitable as it was that someone was going to "call" them on it.

This entire thread is just bait to bring people with a crapload of stereotypes. I've only skimmed the thread, but thankfully the one thing I haven't seen is that one question that makes me momentarily dislike any white person that asks it: "Why do black people do ________ ?"

Thread title itself is a stereotype. The next black person I see better do the Dougie before he says "Hi". 'Cause that's what they do, right?

Right. Attack the person starting a harmless thread but not the ones being racist/derogatory. Shows how fucktarded your logic and way of thinking is. And lol, thats what you think the threads about? You've got problems buddy.

Right. Attack the person starting a harmless thread but not the ones being racist/derogatory. Shows how fucktarded your logic and way of thinking is. And lol, thats what you think the threads about? You've got problems buddy.

It's not an attack. I'm telling you that when you start a thread like this, this chain of events (or one like it) is inevitable.