prince-apollo-theater-oct-14-2010.jpg

:laugh::thumbs::coolshades:
YES! Seriously, I'm a big Prince fan. :buttrock:

Some folks say its like a cloud.
Style is not about what you wear or how you dress, it's about the confidence and attitude you have while you're wearing it. You can go around wearing a chicken suit but if you do it with 'style', it looks good. Alot of white boys don't have that type of confidence in what they wear, they don't swagger when they wear something, so they don't look good in it.

Also, Im going to post as many Blaxpliotation Trailers as I possibly can in this thread.

YouTube - Dolemite trailer

Just a fair warning to you all :p

Dolemite? I can dig it but... it aint nuttin on Black Dynamite! DYNOMITE! DYNOMITE!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-wqmnJrOFM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-wqmnJrOFM[/ame]

(っ・ω・)っ
Style is not about what you wear or how you dress, it's about the confidence and attitude you have while you're wearing it. You can go around wearing a chicken suit but if you do it with 'style', it looks good. Alot of white boys don't have that type of confidence in what they wear, they don't swagger when they wear something, so they don't look good in it.

As a woman, I can say that the confidence of a man is VERY attractive, however, I just find that "swagger" to be crassy, not classy. :/ When I think of class and the ideal attractive man, I think of Louis Vuitton, suits, Italian Vogue magazines, and GQ style magazines. I do appreciate a black man's style when he pairs a nice tailored suit with a bunch of rings, or a lot of gold. Or when a black guy has a large oversized hooded jacket (maybe with some fur?) and pairing it with a good pair of boot-cut jeans. (Maybe add a pair of Jordans to the mix, cause those are some awesome shoes!)
I think that's why Michael Jackson had such great style for his time. The pieces he chose were CLASSY but also had a bit of twist that defines himself. He never walked with a swagger.

To me, a man walking with a swagger (white, black, asian, whatever else) just makes me think of what sorts of hip problems they have or WILL have because of their horrible posture. It almost mocks the physically disabled. And why?

I don't want to be walking arm in arm with a man who looks like he's half limping or doesn't know how NOT to drag his damn feet :/

That being said.. they MAKE jeans with low crotches, and they MAKE jeans that are baggy. I say do me a favour and at least pull them up to your waist. Belts are NOT that expensive.
You don't need a swagger to look good in black styled clothing; if anything, the swagger on ANYONE looks dumb to me. I've never met another woman who thought it was sexy.

So ladies, if you want, prove me wrong. If you think it's sexy, that's WONDERFUL since you'll be the first person I've ever met that think it's attractive. And I've always wondered why this style option was always continued or why the men think it looks cool @_@ so maybe if a lady says that she's attracted to it, it'd make more sense to me.

Some kind of Beast mode
I def. know what you mean Kura. Though I look at swagg/er as an aura. Just a clearer showing of confidence. Not the lean-back gangsta walk I think you're reffering too.

#MissionMiami
The thing is with sagging is hood guys do it as a form of street code. They pick it up from prison.

Other guys do it, to pretend they are tough or gangsta so they won't get bothered or get a girl. It's a basic cycle.

jeans+sagging+2.jpg

thai-lisu-sagger-boy4.jpg

Endorphin Machine
YES! Seriously, I'm a big Prince fan. :buttrock:
Oh yeah! Im in favor of his more extreme looks too
princegold.jpg[/IMG]

Also, Im going to post as many Blaxpliotation Trailers as I possibly can in this thread.

YouTube - Dolemite trailer

Just a fair warning to you all :p
Man, if someone could sum it all up in one paragraph, you just did it perfectly :thumbs:

And that video was the most hilarious thing I ever saw. I wanna see mroe now.
As a woman, I can say that the confidence of a man is VERY attractive, however, I just find that "swagger" to be crassy, not classy. :/ When I think of class and the ideal attractive man, I think of Louis Vuitton, suits, Italian Vogue magazines, and GQ style magazines. I do appreciate a black man's style when he pairs a nice tailored suit with a bunch of rings, or a lot of gold. Or when a black guy has a large oversized hooded jacket (maybe with some fur?) and pairing it with a good pair of boot-cut jeans. (Maybe add a pair of Jordans to the mix, cause those are some awesome shoes!)
I think that's why Michael Jackson had such great style for his time. The pieces he chose were CLASSY but also had a bit of twist that defines himself. He never walked with a swagger.

To me, a man walking with a swagger (white, black, asian, whatever else) just makes me think of what sorts of hip problems they have or WILL have because of their horrible posture. It almost mocks the physically disabled. And why?

I don't want to be walking arm in arm with a man who looks like he's half limping or doesn't know how NOT to drag his damn feet :/

That being said.. they MAKE jeans with low crotches, and they MAKE jeans that are baggy. I say do me a favour and at least pull them up to your waist. Belts are NOT that expensive.
You don't need a swagger to look good in black styled clothing; if anything, the swagger on ANYONE looks dumb to me. I've never met another woman who thought it was sexy.

So ladies, if you want, prove me wrong. If you think it's sexy, that's WONDERFUL since you'll be the first person I've ever met that think it's attractive. And I've always wondered why this style option was always continued or why the men think it looks cool @_@ so maybe if a lady says that she's attracted to it, it'd make more sense to me.
Well you have the wrong idea of what swag is. And a person dressed as you described with that type of fashion and rediculous amounts of things like pants hanging and super oversized pants with a shirt up to your knees, thats not swag. Same way a person could be that horrible with that is the same way someone could wear that garbage nice guy clothes and look absolutley boring and have no sex appeal to women. The trick to doing it RIGHT is to balance out things to look at, while having functionality. Have to much to look at like what you described? Then you look like a try hard fool.

And MJ's clothes dont really relate to this thread, his style. Since is his is a more eccentric well dressed style than thug style, so it cant be compared. The point is that African Americans wear what thet like with confidence and have an image no matter what the style or class (thug, well dress, nerd, rocker, w/e). When you have an image, done right, you have attraction to the opposite sex.

However, even if your style is atrocious, if youre confident with it, your personality will over look the not so nice to look at stuff you got going on. One time I went into this new bank with a very very wrinkled shirt, hair coming out half of my beany, blue jeans and dirty shoes because I was rushing and just picked random clothes off the floor. Then when we got there I was waiting in line, then once I got up to the teller (who was FUCKING HOT) it was all normal and we got into conversation and we were making jokes about how I looked like I stayed up all night binge drinking and made good friends and laughed while the whole bank was boring and silent as people watched.

So if youre just yourself and dont try to do anything, then youll always get what you want. I had to get up real quick because I had no time before the bank clothes, so I just looked like a bum. And that didnt stop much.

The thing is with sagging is hood guys do it as a form of street code. They pick it up from prison.

Other guys do it, to pretend they are tough or gangsta so they won't get bothered or get a girl. It's a basic cycle.

jeans+sagging+2.jpg

thai-lisu-sagger-boy4.jpg

Well no quite, theres no reasons why people shouldent do something. If you do something, as long as you do it right, no one will have a problem with it. Doesnt matter where they pick it up. Though its true, alot of times when people try to be something theyre not it looks atrocious.

(っ・ω・)っ
Oh yeah! Im in favor of his more extreme looks too
princegold.jpg[/IMG]

Man, if someone could sum it all up in one paragraph, you just did it perfectly :thumbs:

And that video was the most hilarious thing I ever saw. I wanna see mroe now.

Well you have the wrong idea of what swag is. And a person dressed as you described with that type of fashion and rediculous amounts of things like pants hanging and super oversized pants with a shirt up to your knees, thats not swag. Same way a person could be that horrible with that is the same way someone could wear that garbage nice guy clothes and look absolutley boring and have no sex appeal to women. The trick to doing it RIGHT is to balance out things to look at, while having functionality. Have to much to look at like what you described? Then you look like a try hard fool.

And MJ's clothes dont really relate to this thread, his style. Since is his is a more eccentric well dressed style than thug style, so it cant be compared. The point is that African Americans wear what thet like with confidence and have an image no matter what the style or class (thug, well dress, nerd, rocker, w/e). When you have an image, done right, you have attraction to the opposite sex.

However, even if your style is atrocious, if youre confident with it, your personality will over look the not so nice to look at stuff you got going on. One time I went into this new bank with a very very wrinkled shirt, hair coming out half of my beany, blue jeans and dirty shoes because I was rushing and just picked random clothes off the floor. Then when we got there I was waiting in line, then once I got up to the teller (who was FUCKING HOT) it was all normal and we got into conversation and we were making jokes about how I looked like I stayed up all night binge drinking and made good friends and laughed while the whole bank was boring and silent as people watched.

So if youre just yourself and dont try to do anything, then youll always get what you want. I had to get up real quick because I had no time before the bank clothes, so I just looked like a bum. And that didnt stop much.

Well no quite, theres no reasons why people shouldent do something. If you do something, as long as you do it right, no one will have a problem with it. Doesnt matter where they pick it up. Though its true, alot of times when people try to be something theyre not it looks atrocious.

Firstly.. those guys in the pictures just look gay. That's not African American style. :/ What black guy do you know would stand there controposto (balanced more on one hip like a woman) and have girly looking boxers? They look like wannabe pricks.
If they were styled properly, yeah, they might look good. But they failed at their styling.. so that's not even a good comparison .__.

Secondly.. about style..
Not necessarily, though @_@.. If the style is atrocious.. sometimes no matter what amount of confidence you have.. it wont look good.
A lot of people even seem to want to exude TOO much confidence and it detracts from the clothing entirely and just makes them look like douchebags.
You said that "the point is that African Americans wear what they like with confidence and have an image no matter what the style or class" but I don't think ALL African Americans have a clear definition of confidence as opposed to self-narcissism with their style.

A lot of guys do this, not just black men.. but it seems like the black guy's mentality to want to think the world is about their dick (the low-hanging jeans, and walking around with their hand in front of their crotch like they have to protect it against the elements of weather or something) and that's what the ultimate turnoff is.

Maybe it's true that if you go black, you'll never want to go back.. but what person in their right mind will go black in the first place if it seems like their penis is a giant hazard?

But I digress; I agree with you that to look RIGHT and stylish, you need a balance of all these things (confidence AND a bit of self-presentation).. and that's what I was trying to say, too.