Now, after a deal with Toei for rights to the show outside Asia, Adness is in production on 40 episodes of a US version, which it is financing itself in time for a fall 2008 debut.

Though the show is visually similar to Power Rangers, another perennial Toei franchise, Adness VP of international sales Daniel Castaneda said the target demographic was different.

"Power Rangers is aimed at four- to eight-year-olds, while Kamen Rider is for six- to 14-year-olds," he said. "We're finalising a US deal right now and are starting to pitch the show to channels in Europe."

Sucks to hear about it get pushed back:redface2: but at least we are getting it:thumbs:
and it's going for 6-14 year olds that rocks.:buttrock:

Last edited:
Why? Ryuki's by far the easiest one to adapt.

oh no no no I don't doubt it at all. I stated when I first heard of KRDK that it makes complete sense to start off with Ryuki since it's the most profitable with 13 different riders, contract monsters, and the cards.

But the only thing that bums me out is that if they're going to have another series a year later, then we'll probably get Faiz, then blade, then hibiki, etc. We'll be like 5 years behind on the series unlike PR where it's only 1 year.

What I want to see is them skip Faiz and go straight into Blade. Then skip Hibiki and go on to Kabuto, and finally Den-O.

I mean, Power Rangers did it
But one can dream :(

Hibiki is an orgy with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that fucking hot. They have to power him down in the show half the time just to keep him from doing everyone else's job.

S

scikaiju

But the only thing that bums me out is that if they're going to have another series a year later, then we'll probably get Faiz, then blade, then hibiki, etc. We'll be like 5 years behind on the series unlike PR where it's only 1 year.

I like it that there a few years behind. Now they can plan out the entire American season with plenty of time to tweak things out instead of waiting for the current season of the Japanese version to end.

Raxbait: Hip
oh no no no I don't doubt it at all. I stated when I first heard of KRDK that it makes complete sense to start off with Ryuki since it's the most profitable with 13 different riders, contract monsters, and the cards.

What I want to see is them skip Faiz and go straight into Blade. Then skip Hibiki and go on to Kabuto, and finally Den-O.

I mean, Power Rangers did it
But one can dream :(

now that may suck, but they could always change the storylines!

I think for the Kabuto adaption(if they have one) they should use Mizushima Hiro, 'cause I heard that he is Fluent in english.

It's Judgement Time!
What are the odds that Adness can get their hands on Sentai footage as well. If Disney really goes through with this animation thing, they wouldn't have the need for it. There would be a few drawbacks like losing the title "Power Rangers" and probably rebooting continuity, but other than that, it'd still be able to continue. Something to consider. Even if we miss a year, I could see it happening.

You know what... You brought up a good point. Disney bought the rights to PR from Saban. And now, Disney might be saying "to hell" with the live action and going animated. If they go animated (or if PR is eventually canned by Disney), Disney could very well end up selling their rights of Super Sentai to another company to make money. If Disney feels as though they dont need the sentai footage and they arent making money off of it, there's no reason to keep those rights.

A company like Adness could very well have the ability to purchase those rights and form a new show based on Super Sentai. Doesnt mean it will be Power Rangers. Because I doubt Disney would ever sell the rights to Power Rangers. But if they arent using sentai footage anymore, the rights to sentai could be sold off. And we could see a new type of Power Rangers show hit the airwaves.

By the way. I dont mind that Dragon Knight is being pushed to fall. Im more excited about the idea of a Kamen Rider MOVIE! Now that's a bad ass concept. We should all support the show when it hits the airwaves and make it happen

Wouldn't Power Rangers be way too expensive for a company like Adness to buy? I'm saying this out of pure ignorance but PR is a Disney property now and Adness (who seems to have just popped out of nowhere), looks like a new company who doesn't have money.

I don't know how these business deals work out so if anybody would like to take the time to educate, please feel free :)