Chief HJU News Editor
A nice read, but shame about being moved to Fall. This may have something to do with WGA strike :(

Lurker
What are the odds that Adness can get their hands on Sentai footage as well. If Disney really goes through with this animation thing, they wouldn't have the need for it. There would be a few drawbacks like losing the title "Power Rangers" and probably rebooting continuity, but other than that, it'd still be able to continue. Something to consider. Even if we miss a year, I could see it happening.

A Secret Messenger ...
What are the odds that Adness can get their hands on Sentai footage as well. If Disney really goes through with this animation thing, they wouldn't have the need for it. There would be a few drawbacks like losing the title "Power Rangers" and probably rebooting continuity, but other than that, it'd still be able to continue. Something to consider. Even if we miss a year, I could see it happening.

Not likely? The thing to remember is that even if Disney doesn't use the footage, they are still more than likely going to have rights to use Super Sentai and it's likenesses. Just because they aren't going to use the live action footage doesn't necessarily mean Toei can just go and hand it over to someone else.

Disney may have "ruined PR" but they aren't stupid when it comes to business matters. I'm guessing that they know how to protect their stuff and I doubt Disney is going to allow someone else to have "Power Rangers" that compete with their own.

The only way someone else could get hold of future seasons of Super Sentai is if Disney and Toei worked out some sort of deal where Disney only had access to material from Zyuranger to Gekiranger and nothing else.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I'm just glad where getting some type of live action show out here with no more power rangers. Going to need some thing to watch. Who knows if it does well, maybe this company will buy the sentai footage as well.

By buying The Sentai footages, you mean actually dubbing the entire Super Sentai Series in English, which would be even cooler, if Disney never got their greedy hands on the PR Franchise. Unfortunatley, it will never happen and I still don't think this whole animation bullshit changes is ever gonna workout for the Power Rangers, they should have just cancelled the damn series completely. Anyway, I'm not happy with the fact that they jumped from March of next year to the fall. Oh well, I guess Adness needed some time to finish the production and they have to wait for the Writers' Strike to end.:disappoin

Last edited:
Now known as MythicFables
What about Faiz?

Just think of the toys!

...Although Hibiki could be nice. They might give the series a proper ending!

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
What about Faiz?

Just think of the toys!

...Although Hibiki could be nice. They might give the series a proper ending!

Ryuki is WAY more Toyetic, it got more Riders and all their contracted monsters.

Sure Faiz got all the various gears for the kids to play with, but I think it's a better bet to start off small with action figures first.

If Disney go animate they might just create a whole new look for their Power Rangers, not based on any sentai (or just cave in and go back to the MMPR designs -- ).

I agree with Undrave that Ryuki leaves much more open in terms of toys than any of the other Kamen Rider shows. Not only are they selling action figures and the weapons/belts, but they would probably also sell the cards in packs a la Magic/Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh/etc.. That alone would probably make them a ton of money.

Also, it's really too bad that it got pushed back to the fall, but if it means this show being really good and Kamen Rider gaining much wider recognition, then I think it's definitely worth it.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Now, after a deal with Toei for rights to the show outside Asia, Adness is in production on 40 episodes of a US version, which it is financing itself in time for a fall 2008 debut.

Oh dammit. Why Fall, 2008??

Great. We are gonna be stuck with Power Rangers with comedy crap, wire-fu and slow-mo.

I think there is a reason that two casts walked out and got two new casts, then reshot the first five episodes. If not, then I won't be surprised if it has to do with stupid writers strike.

while Kamen Rider is for six- to 14-year-olds," he said.

HECK YES!!!!!

Now, KRDK is gonna be like PRiS-PRWF type. Gotta love serious and mature.

Last edited: