When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Okay, allow me a to pose a question

Why does Kiva get so much flack from the KR fanbase?

It certainly isn't a show for everyone, but it is by no means a bad entry in the series

I mean do you really need to go out of your way with a fan edit with an overtly annoying character like Otoya front and center just to enjoy it?

Aronbafon
1305393537747.png

I rest my case.

Overall though, Kiva is okay but suffers from the horrible romance subplot that Inoue tries to make important...

Ever wonder, what if Stephanie Meyer wrote KR? You don't have to wonder anymore after watching Kiva.

Altair
Personally I think it's the 2nd worst Heisei series, next to the 2nd half of Hibiki.

Just 'Neg' will suffice.
That ending was so insanely and hilariously awesome ;; If your heart doesn't melt at how adorable Nago is, you don't have one :mad:

nagomegumikiss.gif

I really wasn't feeling Kiva's regular forms and Emperor Form pretty much improved everything, for my money. The rider kick and new finishers for Garulu, especially. I was genuinely really pleased to see it as much as we did.

Maybe we could get some effects parts out of Bandai, some day?

I buy Taiga really falling in love with Mio, and Wataru and her were cute together. Taiga busting up on Bishop <3 So yeah, the love triangle worked for me, too.

As much as I loved Otoya and wanted him to get everything he wanted, I did feel insanely bad for Yuri :(

Loves me some Kiva :thumbs:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
The main characters were either obnoxious, arrogant jerks (Otoya, Nago, Taiga), whiny emo-kids (Wataru), damsels in distress (all the women) or poor attempts at comic relief (Kengo, Shizuka, the Arms Monsters.) Every single woman in the show was defined as a sex object for some man. The villains weren't scary. The romances were boring, terribly written, and took up WAY too much time that could have been spent on more interesting things. Our main hero, Wataru, was not remotely interesting or likeable. It tried way too hard to be "edgy" and "serious" but failed at being either of those things.

I do like the suit designs, particularly Saga's, but then they made Taiga stop using it in favour of Dark Kiva :redface2: So, yes. That's why I disliked Kiva. Can't speak for anyone else.

Kamen Rider Beserker
Ever wonder, what if Stephanie Meyer wrote KR? You don't have to wonder anymore after watching Kiva.

..... No just no stephanie meyer is one of the worst things to happen to literature ever. she can't write for ****, the Kiva writers at least tried to make a new interesting vampire story and though it wasnt the best KR series (though there were a lot of parts I liked) it was at least a 1000 times better than anything she has ever made.

I actually loved it. in fact, it's the only Heisei KR series that made me care. there are certain parts of the series I didn't liked, of course.

I liked Wataru and Otoya. THe other riders not so much. This series felt like Den-O as it felt like it was written as an anime series. I mean "Shut-in super hero spends free time making violins while getting pep talks from his henshin device" sounds like something out of a whackJob anime(not a bad thing).

The biggest problem is the additonal cast. Mio felt tacted on and complicated the story(glad i missed most of her arch). And Keigo just turning in a rider-hating dousche didn't so anything for the story.

The ending wasn't THAT bad, It gave some closure to Wataru and Saga as bros and gave Nago a happy ending. Yeah, the whole 'pops we gotta stop the detroyer of worlds' was kinda meh, but at least Wataru had a big part in Decade.

Last edited:
In Justice, We Trust!

Okay, Kiva might not have been a perfect series but DO NOT lump it together with a piece of crap like Twilight!:shakefist