Lurker
Okay, Kiva might not have been a perfect series but DO NOT lump it together with a piece of crap like Twilight!:shakefist

I agree with DK... I felt like punching something after reading the comparison between them.

Someday...once more
i must be the one person who lied kiva. i thought it was a great show, defenetly one of my favorite KR shows. though the ending was a humorous cliffhanger, the series just felt complete with that.

In Justice, We Trust!
i must be the one person who lied kiva. i thought it was a great show, defenetly one of my favorite KR shows. though the ending was a humorous cliffhanger, the series just felt complete with that.

I liked Kiva too, it had it's problems though like I said, Otoya easily stole the show...but I felt that the second half wasn't as strong as it's first.

perhaps if it focused on 1988 in the first half, then 2008 in the second half there probably wouldn't have been as many plot holes.

HEROW
Otoya was its only saving grace for me... Everything else just felt senseless...

Yeah, I found Otoya sensible...

Lurker
KR Kiva has had the most and best character development I've seen in a KR series, and I love it for it.

Also, Emperor Form is my second favorite Rider design.

HEROW
KR Kiva has had the most and best character development I've seen in a KR series, and I love it for it.

Huh?

Wataru was a loner who slowly tried to open up, regressed rapidly, and ended up a few inches more confident than he was before.

Nago was an ass in the beginning and did a complete 180 by becoming a moron.

Taiga killed so many yet didn't face any consequences. (Talk about perfect morality there)

Otoya loved a woman 70% of the show (IIRC), then completely forgot about her after he meets another... Not only that, his character also did a 180 from becoming a happy-go-lucky playboy to a devoted dark suicidal emo dude in a few episodes.

Character development? Really?

Lurker
Huh?

Wataru was a loner who slowly tried to open up, regressed rapidly, and ended up a few inches more confident than he was before.

Wataru had no confidence in himself at the beginning of the series and he he almost completed Maslow's Hierarchy of Need by the end.

Nago was an ass in the beginning and did a complete 180 by becoming a moron.

Nago's tenure as a comic relief character was only a sidestep of his development. Before that he had already shown signs of changing, he had started to care about his comrades more than his silly, self-impose, mission.

Taiga killed so many yet didn't face any consequences. (Talk about perfect morality there)

No one ever said that only good characters can get development. Taiga was introduced as being a two-faced, self-righteous prick with no regards for others. Right at the moment he though he had everything in the world, the the ground was ripped apart right beneath his feet, letting him to crawls his way back.

Otoya loved a woman 70% of the show (IIRC), then completely forgot about her after he meets another... Not only that, his character also did a 180 from becoming a happy-go-lucky playboy to a devoted dark suicidal emo dude in a few episodes.

I never said Otoya had character development. He was a the same from beginning to end, it just so happens that "same" makes for a great character all on its own.