That´'s something i´ve always wondered. Action sequences in this genre are not like your usual movie flick, given the use of many different gadgets, toys they have to promote and the likes, everything needs to fit the story while trying not to ruin the flow.
The action scenes as we see, is everything scripted by the writer? Or do the directors and action directors have a say? I´m not talking about simple choreography, but how the fighting goes, what is used by who and when, which effect they have.

Would like to change his avatar
Well, I don't know if it always operates like this -- I'm assuming it does -- but based on the couple of Sentai scripts I've seen, the action is pretty much just described as "(Heroes) and (villain) jump into battle," with the only descriptive thing being the way the heroes get the best of the monster of the week. So, if the way they defeat the monster depends on a specific weapon or gadget or attack, it's probably scripted. If the monster is just pummeled to death, it's probably just a vague "they jump into battle," leaving it up to the action director.

I am pretty sure that they sometimes write how each character is supposed to act and fight during a battle, especially in Super Sentai where the teams usually consist of people with diffrent fighting styles, or people that does not even know how to fight.

For example in Gokaiger, there must have been some script for GokaiGreen's battles. You can't just say "jump into battle", when you have character like Don that had to do all sorts of crazy things while trying to fight the villains.

Would like to change his avatar
The script could still be vague, though -- a lot of Gokai Green's antics were Takeuchi's doing, and something he probably worked out with the action director. :shrug:

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
I agree with Shougo. The scripts are more detailed with the story and dialog in the episode than the action. Unless there is a plot being told through the fight, such as when a villain pins a hero down in order to talk or if two rangers are at odds with each other and gettin in the way, it will be vague in the script. The action director typically finds a way to work some cool action scenes in that help move the story along as well as character development when possible. And of course, suit actors have say in what they're doing since they have to portray the character. They're as much a part of the character, sometimes moreso, as the main actors.

Well, I don't know if it always operates like this -- I'm assuming it does -- but based on the couple of Sentai scripts I've seen, the action is pretty much just described as "(Heroes) and (villain) jump into battle," with the only descriptive thing being the way the heroes get the best of the monster of the week. So, if the way they defeat the monster depends on a specific weapon or gadget or attack, it's probably scripted. If the monster is just pummeled to death, it's probably just a vague "they jump into battle," leaving it up to the action director.

Oh so that´s how it goes, interesting. I joined an auction for a Gokaiger script two years ago but i lost it at the very last minute so i´ve never been able to check myself. I also wanted to know if the Gokai Changes were scripted by Naruhisa Arakawa.
I wonder if some writers like to detail their fights more than others though