A California Teacher and his Student Become Lovers....

boogie woogie feng shui
Even if he did engage in sexual activities with her before she arrived at legal age, older men have been fornicating with younger girls since the sun was turned on. There are laws about that kind of thing now, but historically it's never been an issue because a girl of 17 was considered an adult, or enough of an adult, to make her own judgements in terms of sexual partners.

It's a tough distinction to make, because many 17-year-old girls are mature enough, both physically and emotionally, to carry on sexual relationships but our society still insists on treating them like children based on an arbitrary and infinitely porous boundary that's been set between youth and maturity. On the one hand we condemn this man for his attraction to a girl that civic justice has deemed "underage," but on the other hand we venerate historical figures who were married to girls much younger and had already produced children long before what is now legal age of consent, and the men in these relationships were often decades older. It's a question of natural law vs. murky, inconsistent social order, and it's impossible to say who is right without a close involvement in or observation of the relationship itself.

Just something to think about.

Ao no Exorcist
Just because she's 17 doesn't mean she's thinking clearly and making the right call here. As we mature we learn to make better decisions based on past experiences. At 17 I doubt she took everything into consideration. She thinks she's in love which can make people stupid. Also when people are involved in a situation like this their judgment is pretty clouded and they are unable to see the problem from all angles which could lead to a very poor decision.

Banned
Just because she's 17 doesn't mean she's thinking clearly and making the right call here. As we mature we learn to make better decisions based on past experiences. At 17 I doubt she took everything into consideration. She thinks she's in love which can make people stupid. Also when people are involved in a situation like this their judgment is pretty clouded and they are unable to see the problem from all angles which could lead to a very poor decision.

So what you are saying is that a 17 year old doesn't have the ability to think.

Lurker
Honestly, though, what gives any of us the right to judge? We're not directly involved in the situation and have no idea what these two people actually feel for each other.

Yet you went right on to judge those two in your last two posts & wished that they were dead in one of the two (Are you serious by that? Wow, that's just brutal). Don't be a hypocrite.

Stop that you know that's not what I'm saying.

Like I said before, do you or Bolt honestly think that Teenagers like her are fully developed mentally on relationships & sex?

The new Tendou Souji
Like I said before, do you or Bolt honestly think that Teenagers like her are fully developed mentally on relationships & sex?

I know the media doesn't.
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \

Banned

Look up how women/girls grow and age. But I just love how some of you are saying that a 17 year really can't chose/decide/think for themselves. At what ages does a person grow the ability to chose?