A Black Panther 2 Script Exists Where T’Challa Returns

Staff member
As you most likely know, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will fully lean into the fact that the actor who played the Panther in the first movie, Chadwick Boseman, is no longer with us. But back when the news of Boseman’s death first hit, no one knew how Marvel would handle it, and a lot of fans were hoping T’Challa would be recast. There was never a consideration to do so, but if there had been, there was a script ready to go.
Ryan Coogler, the writer and director behind both the original Black Panther and its sequel, revealed to THR that he’d already written the script for Black Panther 2 prior to Baseman’s passing, and had to completely rewrite it afterward. “The script we wrote before Chadwick passed was very much rooted in T’Challa’s perspective,” he said. “It was a massive movie but also simultaneously a character study that delved...

Continue reading...

I just wish they just recast T'Challa instead. They killed off a character who have more stories to tell. They also ruined Storm's chances to debut in MCU.

Chadwick Boseman's passing forced the sequel into a different direction, and as a result, there is now so much passion and intensity both in front of and behind the camera that there would not have been otherwise. While I disagree with the direction they choose, I can see why they chose it.

The Official Reviews
Chadwick's family want the character T'Challa to continue but Kevin Feige and the director felt like he is irreplaceable, so they rather have another character to become Black Panther than T'challa getting recast.