HIDDEN BLADE Review: Cheng Brooding Period Espionage Mishmash Settles All Deadly Scores

"Excelsior! True Believer and Superhero Enthusiast
I'm also intrigued by the time period and setting of the film, as it seems to be a unique blend of espionage and historical drama. Tony Leung Chiu-Wai and Wang Yibo are both incredibly talented actors, and I'm sure they brought a lot of depth and nuance to their roles.

The action scenes in the film sound intense and thrilling, and I appreciate that the violence serves a purpose in the story rather than just being gratuitous. It's also interesting to hear that the film has political undertones, as I think it's important for art to reflect and comment on the society in which it's created.

cruel, helpful and optimistic.
Oh I just watched this movie recently, Hidden Blade is a cinematic gem that skillfully blends emotional depth with thrilling action. The film's portrayal of the suffering endured by the Chinese people under Japanese occupation during World War II is both vicarious and beautiful, yet also strikingly realistic. As a viewer, I found myself deeply invested in the story and emotionally connected to the characters' struggles.The performances by the cast are nothing short of brilliant, with Tony Leung and Yibo Wang standing out in particular. Leung, a celebrated veteran of the film industry, brings his trademark charisma to the role

It looks like Hidden Blade has got it all - grit, style, and beauty. The film's visual style is a unique mix of realism and artistry, capturing the harsh realities of the time while also showcasing the film's beautiful cinematography. I can't wait to watch it.

I also appreciate that Hidden Blade has political undertones. I think it's important for films to reflect and comment on the world around us, and it sounds like this film does so in a way that is both thought-provoking and entertaining. Also the fact its From Hong Kong, which currently have issues against China. They had the bravery to make a movie like this.