8.9 Earthquake hits Japan, creates massive tsunami

* Earth's axis has reportedly shifted ten inches as a result of the quake, and Japan's coast is said to have permanently shifted 2.4 metres.

Geography was never my strong pointr besides pointing stuff on maps tbh... what does this mean?

It's over 8,000!
Ok so all the toku people are safe but what about the anime and mangaka's and stuff? I can't stop thinking about them.

I guess it depends on who is more popular/more famous.

Geography was never my strong pointr besides pointing stuff on maps tbh... what does this mean?

It means that the Earth permanently moved a large amount with that earthquake.

The earth's axis rotates on a angle. I.E not vertical when referenced against the horizontal "plane" upon which the planet orbits the sun.

Over the course of centuries the earth's axis naturally tends to wander around in circular pattern kinda similar to how a spinning top starts to wobble when it slows down to the point where it is no longer spin stabilised.

That is what they will mean when they say the earth's axis has moved.
The planet physically rotated slightly from the force of the quake.
It won't affect maps on the ground but it means that star charts need to be amended to take into account that we are now facing in slightly a different direction.

CPS

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan.

No flame here nor trying to argue, but God does indeed interfere with actions of man all the time. Otherwise this world would be in worst shape than it already is. The rainbow represents God's promise that he wouldn't flood the earth anymore.

If anything, this earthquake is just a sign of the times. People do not know the day or the hour, so the 2012 conspiracies got to go.

Prove it.

But seriously: two earthquakes, one of which spawned a tsunami, and a bunch of fires. Nature sucks when it does everything at once.

It's over 8,000!
The earthquakes caused the tsunami and the fires, so it's not all at once.