Banned
Via ANN

It's seems 4Kids are C*&kblocking TV Tokyo and NAS from going to the Expo to promote the series to prospective buyers themselves since they argue "We have an ongoging lawsuit, so you can't shop the license to anyone else until it's settled".

4Kids plans to air ZeXal this fall on the CW's Toonzai block with a 500-episode special also in the works. They also have two other series they will promote.

As you may remember, TV Tokyo and NAS are suing 4Kids for fraudulently underpaying them and where going to revoke the right to the YuGiOh series from them, but they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and are fighting the case.

Last edited:
Bandito Shake Cometh
Given the facts of the situation, I literally don't understand how they can promote a future Yu-Gi-Oh series.

It's so easy when you're evil
At the end of days, all that will survive are cockroaches....and 4Kids, apparently.

PARTY HARD
Given the facts of the situation, I literally don't understand how they can promote a future Yu-Gi-Oh series.

Right? Their license and rights to promote YGO was removed. They're breaching some sort of contract and probably digging a bigger hole for themselves.

In Justice, We Trust!

Also given the situation, I don't get HOW they can put a licensing block on a franchise their on the verge of loosing...

WHAT?!! WHY?!!! WHAT?!! WHAT?!!! NO!!!! HOW?!! COME ON!!! I DON'T EVE-I-HOOOOOOOOOW?!!!!

How could they even do this, any are they anyways? They're screwed and should back away and give up. No wise Japanese licensor will EVER give them another popular series because of the Yu-Gi-Oh madness and American licensors/distributors won't want to be associated with such hacks.

Hopefully Funimation snatches the rights to Yugioh and redubs GX and 5D's . Zexal can wait for some time. Because this mess will **** up the franchise in the Western English speaking world .

They stripped the rights from them along time ago. They need to just do the honorable thing before they get NO business whatsoever. Besides, does anyone watch the show ?

PARTY HARD
Only Duel Monsters. I continued GX via subs. I mainly watched Duel Monsters for Dan Green's Yami Yugi voice. That guy is fucking amazing....

No one has a manlier voice than Dan Green's Yami Yugi voice...