supersentaibattle_201812_03_fixw_640_hq.jpg

This had already come up in the Ryusoulger discussion, but it's now official so I figured it deserved it's own thread too.

So for those who hadn't heard, the last episode of Lupinranger vs Patranger will air on February 10th. However, Ryusoulger will not begin until March 17th. This leaves four Sundays in between, which will be filled by this new mini-series which is being created to mark the end of the Heisei era (and totally not so that Ryusoulger will debut a month later against different TV/toy competitors, no siree).

The mini-series will be written by veteran toku scribe Naruhisa Arakawa (Kuuga, Abaranger, Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Akibaranger) and directed by the man who badly needs to take a cold shower, Koichi Sakamoto.

The story begins when a mysterious girl named Rita gathers heroes from Super Sentai teams to the planet Nemesis. The heroes are told that any wish they desire will come true if they can win the “Super Sentai Greatest Battle” tournament.

The mini-series will focus on Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red), Kagura (ToQ #5), Takaharu (AkaNinger), Yamato (ZyuOh Eagle), and Stinger (Sasori Orange), but hints that other heroes could also appear.

supersentaibattle-201812-02-fixw-640-hq_orig.jpg

D

Dr Kain

The fact that the main cast is nothing but newbies is just lame. Why not feature characters that haven't shown up since their own shows like Kazu, Jiraiya, Kou, Dan, Boi, Ako, Raita, Chiharu, Hayate, Yuri, Sion, etc?

Instead, they give us some of the lamest of the lame. Hell, what the hell is ToQ Pink doing there when the rest are red rangers?

R

raden238

This seems a bit random and out of place. It's not an anniversary year, so why have a Legend Sentai miniseries? Maybe the Ryuusoulger production had issues and needed to push back to March?

Anyway, it would of been nice if the team was just all Red Rangers. I mean they already had three, they couldn't get back two more Reds? It's weird to see 3 Reds, 1 Orange and 1 Pink. I almost didn't realize Stinger was back at first, he just blends in with the Red guys. Why didn't they go with the standard colors?

They could of done some Forever Red team. This might even be a good time to bring back Aka Red. We haven't since him in awhile.

This seems a bit random and out of place. It's not an anniversary year, so why have a Legend Sentai miniseries? Maybe the Ryuusoulger production had issues and needed to push back to March?
Officially it exists to celebrate the ending of the Heisei era.

A lot of LuPat merchandise has referred to them as the 43rd and 44th Sentai teams. By this logic, Ryusoulger is the 45th team, which I guess is something of a milestone.

Some rather credible sources suggest that Ryusoulger has to perform at least as well as ToQger did in order to prove that the franchise still has legs. The first quarter of a season tends to be both the most important in terms of toy sales and also usually where some of the highest ratings occur. Apparently pushing Ryusoulger back a month means there will be less competition so it has the best possible chance of achieving it's required goals. So this exists purely to fill the time slot for four weeks.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah, that's not how math works. Just because they say Lupin vs Pat is the 43rd and 44th teams doesn't automatically make it the 43rd and 44th series. Ryusoulger is still the 44th series.

lol @ having to perform as well as ToQGer.

Oh boy! Anyone else reminded of that "Super Sentai Versus Series Theater" special with the Goseigers? I'm getting them flashbacks!

The story begins when a mysterious girl named Rita gathers heroes from Super Sentai teams to the planet Nemesis.​

...Nevermind. I'm getting a headache. Someone bring me a dumpster.

Why all the Reds and one Pink and Orange? This is just dumb on a visual basis alone. If Stinger is going to be there, why not homage Battle Fever J and throw in a Black and a Blue? Maybe Aoninger or ZyuohShark, and KyoryuBlack (or GoseiBlack or BoukenBlack). Even Zyuoh TheWorld could substitute for a "black".

Or, if we're only going from 2014 onward (don't know why you would unless this is a rush job and you wanted the most available and cheapest actors extant) then how about GokaiRed, Toq 5, Aoninger, ZyuohElephant and SasoriOrange?