It's Judgement Time!
I notice that in the Viewing Globe and various other threads, HJU has members who are still seeking that significant other.

I think it's time we had a thread for this (I couldnt find an older one). If you have a question or need advice, just ask here and talk about it with the other members. Don't be shy. Remember confidence in yourself is the first step toward finding that special someone.

Paging Love Doctor FQ and BD... Paging...

(disclaimer: Accept any advice you read in this topic as opinion and with caution.)

I don't know about advice, what I did back when I was dating, it came with the job. try working at a place where people around your age go, talk to them, make them laugh, girls like it when men have a nice sense of humor.

go to bars and clubs with friends and talk to the girls you like, make sure they are single, and ask them about themselves and talk a bit about yourself. take them to dance.

ask your friends if they know anyone they can hook you up with...kinda like a blind date. this helps too. now during a date, be yourself, if they don't like you for who you are then this person is not your special someone.

Banned
One little nugget i can bestow is to learn how to read your other in reguards to intimacy, this can especially useful early on in the relationship.

Now everyone want's the relationship to move on different speed's, so knowing how fast your parter wants to move can help you out. Being aggressive towards someone who want to take time would not work out well usually, as would acting reserved toward someone who wants to advance quickly.

Just figure out what speed is right for the both of you.

Some kind of Beast mode
^Very true.

I like this thread SD, you have our personal interest at heart.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I have a feeling this thread could end up like those "Love Line" things on late-night radio. :laugh:

Just read the first paragraph with a sultry lounge-singer voice. :loltongue:

But hey, anything FQ and I can do to help you out! Though she might be more helpful, seeing as how she's the one who's actually engaged. :thumbs:

It's Judgement Time!
I have a feeling this thread could end up like those "Love Line" things on late-night radio. :laugh:

Oh god I used to listen to those back in Junior high and high school. Mostly just for the funny calls or situations.

Omg... are you thinking what I'm thinking? HJU romance podcast? O_O *gasp* With a dial in number!

Oh god I used to listen to those back in Junior high and high school. Mostly just for the funny calls or situations.

Omg... are you thinking what I'm thinking? HJU romance podcast? O_O *gasp* With a dial in number!

how would that work?

well romance is not hard at all. and is not about luck. is how you talk

I've been married for a bit over 8 1/2 years now - I might go so far as to say that I'm getting pretty good at it. I'd be happy to lend some counsel to anyone who needs it.

Kamen_Sentai, it's a common practice, but I'd strongly recommend against dating someone you work with. That just makes for a big nasty cesspool of drama after a while, and there's no better poison for a relationship than drama. And poison.