<3 Love/Romance Advice, and Tips <3

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
I notice that in the Viewing Globe and various other threads, HJU has members who are still seeking that significant other.

I think it's time we had a thread for this (I couldnt find an older one). If you have a question or need advice, just ask here and talk about it with the other members. Don't be shy. Remember confidence in yourself is the first step toward finding that special someone.

Paging Love Doctor FQ and BD... Paging...

(disclaimer: Accept any advice you read in this topic as opinion and with caution.)

I don't know about advice, what I did back when I was dating, it came with the job. try working at a place where people around your age go, talk to them, make them laugh, girls like it when men have a nice sense of humor.

go to bars and clubs with friends and talk to the girls you like, make sure they are single, and ask them about themselves and talk a bit about yourself. take them to dance.

ask your friends if they know anyone they can hook you up with...kinda like a blind date. this helps too. now during a date, be yourself, if they don't like you for who you are then this person is not your special someone.

One little nugget i can bestow is to learn how to read your other in reguards to intimacy, this can especially useful early on in the relationship.

Now everyone want's the relationship to move on different speed's, so knowing how fast your parter wants to move can help you out. Being aggressive towards someone who want to take time would not work out well usually, as would acting reserved toward someone who wants to advance quickly.

Just figure out what speed is right for the both of you.

Blade Dancer

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I have a feeling this thread could end up like those "Love Line" things on late-night radio. :laugh:

Just read the first paragraph with a sultry lounge-singer voice. :loltongue:

But hey, anything FQ and I can do to help you out! Though she might be more helpful, seeing as how she's the one who's actually engaged. :thumbs:

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
I have a feeling this thread could end up like those "Love Line" things on late-night radio. :laugh:

Oh god I used to listen to those back in Junior high and high school. Mostly just for the funny calls or situations.

Omg... are you thinking what I'm thinking? HJU romance podcast? O_O *gasp* With a dial in number!

Oh god I used to listen to those back in Junior high and high school. Mostly just for the funny calls or situations.

Omg... are you thinking what I'm thinking? HJU romance podcast? O_O *gasp* With a dial in number!

how would that work?

well romance is not hard at all. and is not about luck. is how you talk

I've been married for a bit over 8 1/2 years now - I might go so far as to say that I'm getting pretty good at it. I'd be happy to lend some counsel to anyone who needs it.

Kamen_Sentai, it's a common practice, but I'd strongly recommend against dating someone you work with. That just makes for a big nasty cesspool of drama after a while, and there's no better poison for a relationship than drama. And poison.

TalonRanger

when you like a girl and she knows it, don't PUSH IT, don't call her cute, adorable etc along with txt messages being all cutesy because she will get turned off and don't be so persistent with her, that's another turn off to girls.

I'll be back with more advice, I just woke up lol

Blade Dancer

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
That's good, Talon. :laugh:

Yeah, overloading a girl with "cutesy" when they already know you like them just ends up screaming "STALKER" instead.

HJU romance podcast? Wow. How did the girl who's never had a bf get involved in this? :rofl:

when you like a girl and she knows it, don't PUSH IT, don't call her cute, adorable etc along with txt messages being all cutesy because she will get turned off and don't be so persistent with her, that's another turn off to girls.

I'll be back with more advice, I just woke up lol

yeah I agree....90%. some girls that I know have low self esteem, and calling them pretty helps going out with some, but the trick is not to do it often, don't overload her with "my god you are sexy" or "you are so pretty" every single time.

and you can take it slow. but some girls out there likes to take it fast. short story that happen to my friend, he got a girlfriend, and she dump him 2-3 weeks later because he won't have sex with her. she rushed him when he was not ready. so it depends on the girl.

Vash the Stampede

I wanna fly high....
I have one: Be yourself....but don't be creepy. Act like you have some home training. Girls love a man with intelligence, despite popular belief.

TalonRanger

i just had lunch so I'm back for some more advice

for gods sake please don't post too many wallposts on facebook because their friends will get defensive, and you have about 30 seconds to talk to a girl before she knows you're just hanging around, after that they know you're there and she'll feel uncomfortable so work fast and start off easy, get her to talk about herself which will make the convo lengthy and will stretch out for awhile, don't blurt out 'WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME!?' just invite her to something like a movie or a lunch with other friends, make her feel comfortable before doing anything hasty, she needs to know you're not after her as just an object but as someone you want to be with

I'm done for today XD i'm going to the arcade lol

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?