2D Action Game Astlibra Revision Launches On PC

Staff member
As someone who grew up in the days when 2D was the only way to video game (aside from Star Fox or something), it’s nice to see a new sidescroller with some craft put into it. Astlibra Revision is a pretty new epic just released for PC from developer Keizo and publisher WhisperGames.
Your nameless protagonist hacks and slashes his way through dozens of environments in what Keizo estimates is over 60 hours of gameplay. Astlibra also has RPG elements like interchangeable armor, weapon crafting, and leveling. And when the main game is over, there’s still plenty more to do with newly unlocked post-game story missions and extra upgrades.
The game looks gorgeous with lots of lavish hand-painted art; developer Keizo says they hired one of the artists from Vanillaware (Odin Sphere, 13 Sentinels) to handle the visuals.

Dive into a Constantly Expanding World: With over 60 hours of gameplay, awaken to a no man’s land as the protagonist goes on a quest to find the girl he met during his...

Continue reading...

Expecto Patronum
It brings meh up to the level of mediocre. I know that Metroidvania games are coming back, but this one doesn't seem very original or fun to play. The only new thing it has to offer is jiggling physics, and that's it.

W

Winifred

As a woman, I find it very offensive that the female characters have been shown in such a bad light. Why are they acting so sexualized, and why do their breasts look like they are full of water balloons? The patriarchy is in charge of the video game industry right now, which is why offensive games like this one are being made.

Popcorn Addict
The story is very well written, and, without giving too much away, it's about traveling through time and what happens when you do. This game was made with a lot of thought and hard work. Even though I've played a lot of 2D action games, I can say with complete certainty that this is the best one I've ever played. Sincerity requires me to tell you that the current 95% positive ratings tell you everything there is to know about it and that it will be worth every penny. I'm making changes to this because I'm almost done. Both the game and the story have turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought they would be. This is by far my favorite game of the year, and you have to have it. I'm going to send this to everyone I know.

In the year 2022, it is amazing to see a game that plays like Castlevania. The fact that most of the reviews on Steam are five stars should tell you everything you need to know. Because they needed more help, they had to make this game available on more consoles. Even though it's a great game, they had to do this. Because this game is so good, it should be playable on more platforms. I already have it on Steam, but if it comes out for the PS5, I will gladly buy it again in both physical and digital form.

A fun game with a complicated way of flow. Without a doubt, the visual presentation adds to the uniqueness of the whole experience.

I just wanted to write a short note. Astlibra is without a doubt one of the most fun video games I've played in a long time. It makes me feel like I'm a kid again, finding out about new things for the first time. I'm having fun with this game, and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to get back into gaming by trying something new and exciting. Even though it moves slowly at first, the end result is well worth the work. The way you fight is a lot of fun to use. So far, this game has been a lot of fun for me. It's a really interesting story, but it's also a little bit complicated. I've been interested in it the whole time, even to the point where I've read more in-game lore books and other similar materials.

This boss fights was the most fun one I've had in a long time. It makes me think of the games I used to play as a kid, especially Castlevania. The way things look may seem a little old, but they add to a certain retro vibe. You should try this if you like role-playing games with a lot of action. Everything about the game is great: the gameplay, the music, the setting, and the story. There is also a lot of content, and depending on how much time you spend playing, you could easily play for weeks at a time.

Househusband
As the level of difficulty goes up, battles become more hectic and difficult. I play on hard so I can get used to the input commands for casting spells, but in the future I want to make the game even harder. The Metroidvania game is just beautiful. Fighting can be hard, but the fact that it is hard makes winning that much sweeter.