PARTY HARD
The staff of GX_ST want other anime fans to help support Japan, too.

GoldenUmi of GX_ST said:
After the recent events in Japan, as most of you are most likely aware of if you've seen any news at all, the time has come for anime and manga fans to stop being selfish and give back to the Japanese.

What I am doing here is spreading the word of a big event being organized by Zach Logan and his team from the Unofficial One Piece Podcast (of which I am a faithful listener and supporter.)

I quote Zach below:

n the wake of this devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan and the Pacific on March 10th, we will be holding a 24 hour marathon podcast in attempt to raise money for victims of this event. The One Piece Podcast along with Konoha Corner and the SSAA Podcast will be conducting the event. If you would like to donate in advance of the event, feel free. We hope to have many guests on to help promote the need to help those in Japan and the Pacific region.

The UStream live feed will be available to view on this website from 6:00PM on Saturday, March 19th through Sunday, March 20th at 6:00PM (all times eastern).

If you have any questions or would like to be on the podcast, send those inquires to OnePiecePodcast@gmail.com.

A schedule will be posted in a few days. There will be forty-eight half-hour blocks, some programs will run in more than one of those blocks.

http://helpjapan.onepiecepodcast.com/

Original link: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=32178

I urge anyone who is able to donate to consider doing so, even if it is as little as 1 dollar, because it all adds up.

Additionally, I urge everyone to consider stopping by and listening to this 24 hour live podcast, whether you are familiar with their work or not. I myself will be attending under my other alias, Chopperrules.

There will be big sponsors and big names attending this event. This includes:

Industry, Voice Actors, and Actors
Terri Doty of That Anime Show and FUNimation Entertainment
Crispin Freeman of Hellsing, Haruhi Suzumiya, Slayers, Naruto, and Durarara
Stephen Hoff of That Anime Show and FUNimation Entertainment
Reuben Langdon of Sengoku Basara (VG), Devil May Cry (VG), Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (VG)
Michelle Ruff of Bleach, Chobits, Gurren Lagann, Haruhi Suzumiya
Micah Solsoud of FUNimation Entertainment (Click Here for Micah's Chairty for Japan)
J. Michael Tatum of That Anime Show and FUNimation Entertainment

Podcasters and Internet Professionals
Zac Bertschy of Anime News Network's ANNCast
Todd Cochrane from Geek News Central
Scott "KaiserNeko" Frerichs of TeamFourStar
LittleKuriboh of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series
Justin Sevakis of Anime News Network's ANNCast
Ed Sizemore from Manga Out Loud
Tony Yao of Manga Therapy

And the list will continue to increase.

If you can, put aside waiting for anime and manga releases and give a little to those in Japan who need it more than you do.