Ohsama-Sentai-King-Ohger.jpg
Deep below the ground, an ancient and terrible creature slumbers. Only the most powerful of psychics can pierce the veils of it's mind to see the secrets within. But when the trademark bot stirs, it reveals a glimpse of the future to it's most fervent disciples.

You know the deal by now. We have this titbit of information. There won't be anything else until the second half of December.

Jokes about infamous terrorists will not be appreciated. Jokes about Kyoryu Red returning will be.

Last edited:
Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Did they seriously just name the next Sentai series "Oh Lord Task Force: Oh, Oh Ranger?"

R

raden238

Oh-Lord! Task Force King Oh! Ger! What a name. I guess its going to be like Shinkenger? The team works for the King?

That has got to be the most convoluted and complicated name ever in Sentai. lol

Speaking of "king", I remember back when Kyoryuger was airing, I remember few people were joking that show should have been renamed to
"King Sentai Daigoranger" or "Daigo Sentai Kingranger" or something similar to that, due to heavy focus on King/Daigo/KyoryuRed; 10 years later, we are getting "King" Sentai indeed.
Next year marks 10th anniversary of Kyoryuger... coincidence?

I just hope we don't get someone like King/Daigo for rangers; who I despise.

I'm curious who's the writer going to be.
If I were to guess, I think either Mouri or Yamaoka might be the head writer; if it's the king motif (which most likely has knight), then latter would fit very well.
It's also possible newcomer might be head writer, which I'm always welcome.

This might sounds controversial, but I wouldn't mind Riku Sanjo (Kyoryuger) or Takuro Fukuda (Kamen Rider Ghost and Saber) be head writer; though former would be iffy, since he's busy with Fuuto PI (Kamen Rider W spin-off anime) as Series Composition Supervisor.
Even though I'm not fan of Fukuda's Rider series (especially latter), I think he might have do better job as Sentai... maybe.

Ohsama is basically just another way of saying "king." Check out that first character being the same as the one making up Kingranger's visor.

It's a bit like a repeat of something like 'Mahou Sentai Magiranger.' Mahou is just the Japanese word for magic, so it's just the same word in Japanese and English.

I have a theory that either the Red or the sixth ranger will constantly talk about themselves as being an Emperor. After all, it's the only rank above a king. A king of kings, if you will.
Next year marks 10th anniversary of Kyoryuger... coincidence?
I doubt Kyoryuger will get a full reunion, sadly, as Amy/Pink's actress retired a few years ago.
This might sounds controversial, but I wouldn't mind Riku Sanjo (Kyoryuger) or Takuro Fukuda (Kamen Rider Ghost and Saber) be head writer; though former would be iffy, since he's busy with Fuuto PI (Kamen Rider W spin-off anime) as Series Composition Supervisor.
Even though I'm not fan of Fukuda's Rider series (especially latter), I think he might have do better job as Sentai... maybe.
Assuming that they didn't just award Sanjo a courtesy credit and he's actually doing work on the anime version of Fuuto PI, he would have finished on it long before it started airing so that it had time to be animated. But he's still working on the manga version and IIRC he's also writing another manga at the same time, so he might be too busy to juggle a toku show as well.

I wouldn't be hopeful about Fukuda as head writer at this point. IIRC when he was head writer of Ghost he didn't contribute as many episodes as a head writer normally would. He even mentioned this in the press conference for Saber, where he said his main goal was to write more of the show himself...so of course he actually wrote even fewer episodes of that series. 😖

mv.jpg

Hey, guess who is the latest person to have their account disappear? 😖

Anyway, Toei has released their first image of Kingohger! They've also released some more information.
First up, some introductions...and confirmation of the bug theme!

KuwagaOhger is the stag beetle themed red ranger.
TonboOhger is the dragonfly themed blue ranger.
KamiririOhger is the mantis themed yellow ranger.
PapillionOhger is the butterfly themed purple ranger.
HachiOhger is the wasp themed black ranger.

Each ranger comes from a fictional kingdom that they rule over. The villains seem to be called Bagnarak...or possibly Vagnarak?

It seems their sword is also their transformation device. It seems to be able to trigger their transformations by itself without any kind of collectable that's sold separately, although close ups of it look to have a number of bugs attached to the hilt, so perhaps they just come with the weapon? The sword can attach to their belt buckles, because I guess Bandai loved that gimmick from Saber?

They will also have a shield that transforms into an individual weapon (similar to how the Kyurangers had different weapons based around a common platform). Red gets a second sword, blue gets a gun, yellow gets a scythe, purple gets a bow, and black gets a claw.

Red will be getting a stag beetle themed motorbike (cue complaints about Kamen Rider not having enough bikes).

Apparently they all get a cellphone toy too though I haven't seen any indication as to what it does?

We are getting a ten piece mecha from the off! In addition to mechs for each of the rangers' bugs, there is also 2 spider mechs, 2 ladybug mecha, and an ant mecha that all come together.
The first run of the DX toys will also come with an additional head part based on the Donbrothers' Don Onitaijin.
Further mechas that have been revealed are a rhinoceros beetle, a scorprion and a grasshopper, that combine with the other ten to form a thirteen piece mech.
There will also be two additional support mecha themed after a pillbug and a snail.

It seems that Shira P is handing over the creative keys to some relatively fresh blood:

The series will be written by Minato Takano, who previously wrote the Heisei Generations Dr Pacman movie and a few episodes of Ex-Aid and Zero One, but has never been a head writer of a toku before (although he has done other TV series).

The lead director is Kazuya Kamihoriuchi, who directed that same Dr Pacman movie and has been a secondary director doing a small number of episodes of Rider per year since Ex-Aid, but has only directed two episodes of Sentai before (the first two of Ryusoulger, if you're curious).

Finally, the series producers are Takahito Omori & Taku Mochizuki. Omori was a head producer on Kyoryuger before shifting over to Rider for Drive, Ex-Aid, Build and Zero One. Mochizuki on the other hand, has only been the chief producer once before for Kamen Rider Revice.

Official webite: www.tv-asahi.co.jp/king-ohger/

Last edited:
Looks great. Hope the writing is as solid as it is for Donbrothers.