Inoue gives me no hope that it will be anything other than a total train wreck lol.

The man hasn't been the head writer for a full toku series since Shougeki Gouraigan, which was just a tired retread of the same old tropes he's infamous for always using. His most recent toku project was Decade vs Zi-O (vs Decade) which was an absolute garbage fire.

And of course, the last time ShiraP produced a show that was trying to recapture the spirit of Inoue's most famous work, it was the second season of Amazons, which IMO is the worst season in the entire franchise.

30 years ago they hired Inoue to write what they suspected at the time would be the last season of the show. That turned out to not be the case, but now they've brought him back to properly finish it off. 😄

D

Dr Kain

Well I hold Inoue in higher esteem than you do. He did give us one of the best Sentai series and two of the best Kamen Rider series on top of having a mostly solid show like 555. I don't hold him solely responsible for screwing up Hibiki as that's on Toei. Therefore, if anyone is going to be able to give us a more mature, story driven Sentai show, it's Inoue.

Yes, Gouraigan sucked so badly I never finished it despite only having 3 episodes left, but Jetman, Agito, and Kiva overrule that immensely.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Jetman was one of the worst sentai entries so.... And the helmet peaches don't do it any favors.
Pink being a male better mean they're going to have a transgender person voicing him.
And people call me an SJW.

D

Dr Kain

The series looks bad, really bad. Like who the hell thought it was a good idea to CGI black and pink? They don't even look like they are there.

And what is up with the Giants of Darkness being there? Did they change companies for Tsuburaya not utilizing them properly in Trigger? ;)

R

raden238

I'm all for Sentai trying new ideas. Its been 45 years of the same shtick (sans Kyuranger and Zenkaiger). But historically Toku CGI has ALWAYS looked bad. From Blade in 2004 to Don Brothers in 2022. It still looks like crap. People always argue that CGI can bring to life harder or complex designs, while true, it doesn't look really "real". Black and Pink look real bad here. Its like a youtube parody edit for Sentai bad. Suitamation still proving its worth in 2022.

Not sure if it helps you guys with the look of the black and pink rangers, but we know they will continue using the Sentai Gears gimmick, just with different color Gears. The latest rumor suggests that when the DonBrothers use them, they will not be granted a related power as happens to the Zenkaigers, but instead will essentially be Gokai Changing (albeit with a new name) into those past rangers. If that's the case, I imagine that pink and black will be spamming past ranger forms all the time so that they can just put someone in a suit instead.

Supposedly the second quarter toys have leaked, and if they turn out to be accurate then the first robot - called 'Don Onitaijin' - doesn't go on sale until then, so there's a distinct possibility that the first quarter won't have giant fights (unless Zyuran sticks around, but we've only seen Kaito in the trailers so far).

The leak also claims that we will get both a gold and a silver ranger arriving in the second quarter. It also lists a "rival hero robot" which I'd presume was for them but might also be for the villainous trio seeing as they seem to do a roll call in that trailer above?

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

I'm all for Sentai trying new ideas. Its been 45 years of the same shtick (sans Kyuranger and Zenkaiger). But historically Toku CGI has ALWAYS looked bad. From Blade in 2004 to Don Brothers in 2022. It still looks like crap. People always argue that CGI can bring to life harder or complex designs, while true, it doesn't look really "real". Black and Pink look real bad here. Its like a youtube parody edit for Sentai bad. Suitamation still proving its worth in 2022.

Just Blade in 2004? How about going back to Ultraman Tiga in 1996? Though, all of those early Toku series from Ultraman, Garo, Sentai, and Rider made it work because they used it sparingly and the stories tended to be so good you didn't even think about the bad CGI. And I think that is the big issue with Zenkaiger. The lack of any story really makes the CGI and green screened backgrounds noticeable and distracting. Hell, Revice's CGI can get bad but then I tend to forget about those moments thanks to everything else going on in the show.

R

raden238

lTdhz0HvyMaN_QDQQe5AcAG5PoepjBTIjcRXMztxIu0Xm=s960.jpg
Not sure if it helps you guys with the look of the black and pink rangers, but we know they will continue using the Sentai Gears gimmick, just with different color Gears. The latest rumor suggests that when the DonBrothers use them, they will not be granted a related power as happens to the Zenkaigers, but instead will essentially be Gokai Changing (albeit with a new name) into those past rangers. If that's the case, I imagine that pink and black will be spamming past ranger forms all the time so that they can just put someone in a suit instead.

Supposedly the second quarter toys have leaked, and if they turn out to be accurate then the first robot - called 'Don Onitaijin' - doesn't go on sale until then, so there's a distinct possibility that the first quarter won't have giant fights (unless Zyuran sticks around, but we've only seen Kaito in the trailers so far).

The leak also claims that we will get both a gold and a silver ranger arriving in the second quarter. It also lists a "rival hero robot" which I'd presume was for them but might also be for the villainous trio seeing as they seem to do a roll call in that trailer above?

It also lists a third robot called 'Momo Robotaro' which...just going by the name I wonder if that means Pink changes into a robot???

Yap. Gokai changes are back. They're really running out of ideas. I don't expect a good explanation for this.

I heard that Kaito will stick around for the first dozen episodes which will allow them to use Don Zenkai Oh. Then officially the Don Brothers mecha will finally debut.

More details on the leak. As always, don't believe it until you see it.

Apparently Kaito (Zenkaiser) will somehow get split into two separate people. So the normal one gets to walk off into the sunset with his team while the other one appears in Donbrothers. It's not clear if this is a story happening in Zenkaiger's finale or something that will be revealed further down the line.

There will not be separate gold and silver rangers. Apparently there is one ranger who will be able to switch between a dragon-themed gold form and a tiger-themed silver form. These are presumably accessed through past ranger Gears, as apparently there is a toy shield going on sale that is colored silver and comes with a Kibaranger Gear. There is also a spear that turns into an axe, which seems to be the gold form's weapon.

The "rival" who is getting a robot is apparently not part of the villainous trio as I'd speculated in my previous post. The rumor is now that there will also be a ninja (ranger?) with a shark motif.

There's also more info on the supposed composition of the robot Don Onitaijin. It returns to the more familiar style of being formed from five individual robots.
- Momo Robotaro is the red ranger's humanoid robot that will form the head and torso of the combined form.
- Saru Robotaro is the blue ranger's gorilla robot that will form the arms and the left shoulder of the combined form.
- Kiji Robotaro is the pink ranger's bird robot that forms the combined form's right shoulder and sword.
- Oni Robotaro is the yellow ranger's humanoid robot that forms that combined form's right leg.
- Inu Robotaro is the black ranger's dog robot that forms the left leg of the combined form.

The red ranger's robot toy is apparently similar in size to one of the two-piece ZenkaiOh robots. The combined form is similar in size to the five-piece Zenkryoku ZenkaiOh. Supposedly the combined form will have more articulation than usual for a Sentai mecha.

The robot's sword has a similar shape to the sword form of Kamen Rider Gaim's DJ Gun.

There seem to be two possible uses for Sentai Gears in Donbrothers.
- The first is, as previously mentioned, to change into past rangers. Supposedly when they do this it will always be the same color ranger as the Donbrother that uses it. No word yet as to what they will do about Gears for past teams that didn't have a matching color ranger. Apparently when the red ranger uses the Zenkaiger Gear he will turn into (normal) Zenkaiser rather than Zyuran.
- The second is to summon some sort of auxiliary mecha. The only example given of this so far seems to be using the ToQger Gear to summon a version of ToQ #1's steam train, which then combines with the red ranger's individual mech.