Revival magic is a thing in sentai.

You've been told this before, the yokai in Kakuranger and Ninninger are born from completely different energies, one is more like a series of cryptoids while the other is born from magic shurikens interacting with objects.

Japan takes up a lot of square miles, there is nothing in GoGo-V that contradicts the events of Ohranger. On top of that GoGo-V also has one of the companies that appeared in Megaranger and one of its one off characters reappeared in Timeranger.
IMO the most obvious case of things not working for continuity is Ohranger VS Carranger.

From the Ohrangers' point of view, the special takes place after their own series. IIRC they specifically state that they've already defeated Baranoia and the villain of the special is one final member that had escaped them until now. As has been mentioned, Ohranger begins in 1999 and the final story arc contains a one year time skip so it must be at least 2000 for them when the special occurs.

On the flip side, Carranger has a new year episode that specifically mentions that it's now 1997. On top of that, the combination of Carranger villains that appear in the special only appear in the show for about half a dozen or so episodes, which includes the new year episode. So it has to be either 1996 or 1997 for them when the special happens.

So yeah, the special has to be out of continuity for one of the two.

Lets just be honest, these shows are not made with an overall continuity in mind. That's before you add all the flip-flopping as to how it connects with the Kamen Riders.
And now Type Moon is influencing Sentai. Why not have it as episode 1?
Because starting the TV broadcast with the second episode would be confusing as hell for a lot of very little kids. It's really just a sneak preview to try and tempt more people into buying cinema tickets.

Given the backstory mentioned so far, I'm guessing it will either show the Kikainoids escaping from their dimension to Earth, or it will show some initial battle of no consequence from before they meet Kaito in episode one. No combined mecha though, as Zenkaiser's gun is what makes them giants and I don't think he'll appear transformed in it.

D

Dr Kain

Don't forget Ohranger vs Kakuranger where they have Gunmajin with them even though he doesn't show up until long after Bacchuswrath is dead and Bacchuswrath is alive and well.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
IMO the most obvious case of things not working for continuity is Ohranger VS Carranger.
Don't forget Ohranger vs Kakuranger
Early versus titles had continuity issues, as they went on they took continuity into account. It also doesn't debunk anything I said, it's still one long universe.
Lets just be honest, these shows are not made with an overall continuity in mind.
That's because there is so little to contradict. Metal Heroes takes place in the same continuity as Super Sentai. There's a reason heroes don't swap places: Different heroes and villains have different locations.
That's before you add all the flip-flopping as to how it connects with the Kamen Riders.
Most of it is pretty straight forward:

-Everything from the first series to J is one continuity, minus Kamen Rider World which can be chalked up as an AU, Black can be seen as a time anomaly from the RX short
-Kuuga's world bumped into the main continuity to alter some events, Agito and like followed each year afterward
-Decade explained these worlds got collected and started the idea of Sentai having a different universe/where the showa riders were from (which easier explains in the Heisei vs. Showa movie why there is a divide in universe)
-40th anniversary movie explained the Kikaiders, Inazuman, and Zubat are also in this amalgamated timeline
-Build aka the worst toku ever made explained this phenomenon was still going on
-Zi-O explained too many of these worlds combining and they needed to divide things up

Doesn't explain how the hell Shocker got into the Sentai/Metal Heroes universe during Zyuohger, but that can be explained by another universe bump, it's like that universe bumps into the rider one to get the showa rider cast back. It would explain the crossovers.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

It doesn't really matter whether Sentai/Riders have the same universe or not, since it's decided by whatever production stuff wants at the moment (Zi-O combined/undone/restarted universe how many times now?). Tomorrow Shirakura would want to do a crossover between Sentai and Power Rangers (unlikely now because of Hasbro, but the point still stands) and they will be in the same universe as well, if he wants them to.
There are no real guidelines for Toei universes (Enetron or Zyuman aren't popping up in newer shows and we won't be seeing regular Humagears on daily basis in future Riders series), so the continuity question is up to personal preference and likely always will be.

D

Dr Kain

I don't see how having a crossover between Power Rangers and Sentai is as unbelievable now as it was with Saban or Disney though.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, except for Danzi and Sun, every Sentai series is set in its own universe with the Gokaiger universe being an alternate reality where there have been previous Sentai teams, which is also where the movies take place. Ninninger is in a universe that also happened to have other ninja teams in it as well.

Don't forget Ohranger vs Kakuranger where they have Gunmajin with them even though he doesn't show up until long after Bacchuswrath is dead and Bacchuswrath is alive and well.
No, please do let me forget that strange special with it's weirdly sexualised tone. 😣

Also, I'm sure I remember there being dialog that would place that special after Kakuranger's series ended. And considering they are one of the few Sentai that give up their powers at the end of their series, that would again imply that this special isn't in the same continuity as one of it's parent series.
I don't see how having a crossover between Power Rangers and Sentai is as unbelievable now as it was with Saban or Disney though.
I can't see it happening on TV. It'd confuse the four year olds too much. It seems entirely possible in a comic though.
Anyway, as far as I am concerned, except for Danzi and Sun, every Sentai series is set in its own universe with the Gokaiger universe being an alternate reality where there have been previous Sentai teams, which is also where the movies take place. Ninninger is in a universe that also happened to have other ninja teams in it as well.
Yeah that always felt like the most logical approach to me too.

I can see Zenkaiger trying to follow the Ultra series in changing it all to a multiverse. But the Ultra series still has so many unanswered questions hanging in the air.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Battle Fever through Turbo take place in one time line by your logic.

R

raden238

Here are the first images of the Zenkaiger toyline. Featuring the henshin device of the series for Zenkaizer, The GearTlinger and the collectable gimmick item for the series, The Sentai Gears.

It's looking like the four robot rangers will not need to use the GearTlinger to transform. The Sentai Gears use a pin system featuring the tabs scattered all over the edges of the gear. So the GearTlinger can be "hacked" early on revealing all the sounds and potential spoilers for the show.

R

raden238

Trailer is out!!!!

Main cast revealed!!!

Komagine Kiita
- Kaito Goshikida/Zenkaiser - A young man who wants to be on top of all things. He may be foolish and smart but when he gets serious, he gets fired-up! "Secret Power! Zenkaiser!"

2770a6_cf75a8476e1b4753b00f447bef14476e_mv2.jpg

Asanuma Shintaro - Juran/Zenkai Juran - A cool and confident strong-type Kikainoid who often thinks of himself as an annoying person. "Kyoryu Power! Zenkai Juran!".

2770a6_4e21f109cf3f4cf298fb663a0b695b97_mv2.jpg

Yuki Kaji - Gaon/Zenkai Gaon - A Kikainoid who loves the earth and its people. He is also an expert cook who always thinks of Kaito as his pet. "Beast Power! Zenkai Gaon!"

2770a6_697d06f451d344e3bb208a7adb27f6cc_mv2.jpg

Takuya Sato - Vroon/Zenkai Vroon - A serious Kikainoid who often annoys everyone for his curiosity which he does by pestering them with questions about things. "Rumbling Power! Zenkai Vroon!".

2770a6_8eaeaebcc458492489e192fc12f9bf36_mv2.jpg

Yume Miyamoto - Magine/Zenkai Magine - An introvert Kikainoid who loves fortune-telling, fantasy, and the occult and often gets angry when people make fun of her interest. "Magic Power! Zenkai Magine!".

2770a6_3f675c80c613435eb4a86b9105c9447f_mv2.jpg

Ikue Sakakibara - Yatsude Goshikida - Kaito's loving grandmother and the owner of a cafe called "Colorful"
2770a6_99824fafe4604623a49d68a5b0c50696_mv2.jpg

Finally the DX toys are also revealed!

https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/sentai/item/detail/11828/
https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/sentai/item/detail/11834/
https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/sentai/item/detail/11835/
https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/sentai/topics/detail/1882/